BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long island bus route picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scatman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: LIB current state Reply with quote

also, there r NO new printed timetables anywhere. There R no WALL posts anyplace but Hempstead. And the Wall post schedule at Hempstead is A COMPLETE JOKE. If you want a good laugh, go check out the interim schedule that was taped to the dispatcher's window in hempstead. It shows the departure times for the N17 that hasnt run in over 6 months and numerous other routes are all wrong. Sunday for example, the N15 to Long Beach are completely wrong thruout much of the day. That's all I'm gonna tell u. If anyone wants to have a little fun, go take a ride to Hempstead and play scavenger hunt on the schedule and see all the WRONG times posted. SEE HOW MANY U CAN FIND AND POST THEM HERE. P.S. I RECOMMEND U PRINT OUT COPIES OF ALL THE LINES GOING THRU HEMPSTEAD FIRST AND BRING THEM WITH U AND/OR BRING A WEBPHONE SO U CAN LOOK ON YOUR PHONE AND AT THE WALL AT SAME TIME
scatman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1 line should read "If anyone wants to have a little FUN" i omitted the word FUN
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I edited the post to include the word "fun".

Here is a TIP- Instead of posting edits below a mistyped post, simply click the edit tab in the top right of the post window while viewing and make the correction accordingly. This way any errors in typing can be corrected so it reads the way you want it to.

For some reason a post always looks great until it is posted, and that edit button saves me all the time.
scatman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, didnt know about that
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scatman wrote:
ok, didnt know about that

Not that it was a problem for me to correct your post, but that little edit button can be very helpful if you realize a mistake was made. It is a handy little feature to have. Like I said, I use it a lot.
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've got a few of the links now but i'm hoping to understand the system even better.....thanks for all your help and if you receive more information of how routes are linked please either message me or post them here.....thank you again
scatman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: route links Reply with quote

heres the system. now remember that routes can be linked all over like 5420 fro example does 54/55 trips in am and 70/71/72 in pm. but at the same time,

n1s some do n4s to and from jamaica
n2s and n8s linked at GA mall
15 linked with some 33 in LB also 16 rvtf
19 with 4 and 36 in free
23 with 78/79 in mineola
25 with 58 on weekends in great neck and 36 in lynbrook all days
27 with 49 on sunday
31/32 with 33 in far rock all days
36 with 19 and 4 in free and 25 in lynbrook
45 with 51
46 with 50
58 with 25 on weekends
62 with 4s and 19s in free
73/74/80/81 all together in hicks
78/79/23 in mineola
ST9909

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you again for your continued help scatman. However i'm still not completely understanding (which is sad since i'm a bus driver lol).....is there a list of the route numbers you mentioned (like 5420, 7304, etc)....is there a list of what they do or do is there something able to be sent to me?......

cause the 22 and 24 .....40 and 41.....were not on that list.... Scatman i do not mean to be a pain this information actually has value to me being that i am a driver but never go out to nassau because i live in suffolk...

also....are there any 6 drivers that only drive the 6? or are the 6 trips all split up between routes?
ST9909

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so bare with me here guys here come two links

http://www.mta.info/libus/routes/n23/weekday.pdf

http://www.mta.info/libus/routes/n7879/weekday.pdf

so first off i don't like that new 23 schedule i think it's dumb and it gives NOO time for drivers to get out of the seat....they don't realize how grueling the job really is.....and second i'd like some help of how you think this is all linked....

i figured out that the first driver out of mineola for the 23 obviously goes to manorhaven straight through and then turns around at PW RR and returns back to manorhaven....but then what...they said the routes are linked and i'm trying to see it
ST9909

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also looked at

http://www.mta.info/libus/routes/n4041/weekday.pdf

and if you look there's an N23 that returns to mineola intermodal at 812 and theres no 23 or 78/9 that leaves close but if you look at the 41 theres an 815 and with the decreased layover i thought they would be linked
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago when I was out in LI I boarded 1801 a brand new Orion VII NG CNG on the N23. When we got to Mineola the bus left as an N79. The run number in the bus was also 79xx.
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you remember around what time it was?

this system fascinates me because i drive for suffolk...so i'd like to learn something new lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: