BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9904 and 5073 and such
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: 9904 and 5073 and such Reply with quote

For those of you that were asking on another thread 5073 was "tangled up" in a mess.....i refuse to say more sorry folks.......other than the fact that you probably wont be seeing it for awhile....if ever again.....9904 was in fact 5073's replacement for quite some time....only reason 9904 was out of service was because of bad brakes....they like to burn up....but last i had it she was good as new...she's quick too!....(hopefully theyre not completely getting rid of them Sad

As far as 5059 and 5058, i havent seen any of the other new ones that we supposedly got from EBT or wherever they came from

You can ask me any other questions if you like
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and s far as 9603 i DOUBT that was on the 71 because it constantly overheats when i've had it (lead foot maybe??)...but i dont think it could survive a day on that route lol
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
and s far as 9603 i DOUBT that was on the 71 because it constantly overheats when i've had it (lead foot maybe??)...but i dont think it could survive a day on that route lol

9603 was on the S71 back in February, i remember because i rode that same bus many times when it use to do the S60 before the 99xx buses arrived. and i'm sure most people don't forget a bus that runs near an hour late. Sure the engine sounded bad but it didn't seem to have any other problems.

9904 was taken out of service every day that week, according to the driver, because of leaks and on the day i rode the S71 because its horn got stuck.

5073 is the second 50xx bus that CBS had that got "tangled up" in a mess. (if i think i understand what you mean by that), i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same bus both times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as 9603 on the 71....and if it was before the 99's arrived then it was before my time .....nowadays i assure you that bus wouldnt be caught dead on that route ...because it would be.....well...Dead lol....

so it is possible that what you're saying is true....but for now 9603 has been on the 5A and will retire there....it is the most senior drivers bus....bless her driving at her age....(sorry no names)

As far as the tangling up....im not sure if we're on the same page but 9902 has had a nasty history and 5073 is "OUT OF SERVICE" ....for good so it seems....
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
as far as 9603 on the 71....and if it was before the 99's arrived then it was before my time .....nowadays i assure you that bus wouldnt be caught dead on that route ...because it would be.....well...Dead lol....

so it is possible that what you're saying is true....but for now 9603 has been on the 5A and will retire there....it is the most senior drivers bus....bless her driving at her age....(sorry no names)

As far as the tangling up....im not sure if we're on the same page but 9902 has had a nasty history and 5073 is "OUT OF SERVICE" ....for good so it seems....

It happen the week of Feb 18, 2010. 9904 was assigned to the driver but it was taken out of service (i have no idea what the exact time was when this happen, but if 9603 is as bad as you say then i'd bet like an hour or less before) i just know it happen sometime before 5:15 run from Stony Brook on 2/18/10, i have no idea what time the other day. Also the bus driver was annoyed about getting 9904 everyday and receiving 9603 as its replacement. Now you may not believe me, but that is the truth, i would never lie about seeing a bus on a route especially when its was on my mothers birthday and a rare trip to Smith Haven Mall.

I'm not up to date with the history of 9902, as far as i know nothing happened to it. I only know of that 9609 caught fire before the 99xx buses came (that one and the rest of the 96xx, except for 9602 and 9603 were transferred away to Sunrise and Inter County so CBS could get more 99xx's) and a 50xx bus that got into an accident outside Stony Brook Hospital.

So that makes two 50xx out, Suffolk Bus lost 5014 earlier this year (or thats what it seems as it hasn't been back on the S66)

I know a hand full of CBS drivers, though only three or so still drive for the company (that i'm aware of), but i don't think i know the driver your talking about. Never had the pleasure of riding the 5A before, though i know that they regularly assign the older buses to it, as i've seen them all on it at one time or other. The oldest driver i knew to drive at CBS started at the time when my Grandfather drove (before CBS Lines was created), but she died around 2000 or so, but i believe she stopped driving before the 99xx's came because i don't recall ever seeing her drive one.[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ST9909

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh i recall what youre talking about now......i definitely remember it but i'm rarely on that run so forgive me......i dont talk to too many ppl there either lol......

9902 has had two severe accidents... and 5071 is the one that you're talking about in front of the hospital
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
ahhhh i recall what youre talking about now......i definitely remember it but i'm rarely on that run so forgive me......i dont talk to too many ppl there either lol......

9902 has had two severe accidents... and 5071 is the one that you're talking about in front of the hospital

Thats ok, and i'm sorry if i sounded like i was getting mad at you, i tend to do that sometimes. The driver on the 71 that day was a sub, as he said he wasn't use to the route and he thought that 9905 was assigned to run he was doing, which it isn't (unless that was one of the times 9902 got into an accident.

yeah i saw a picture of the accident, i just couldn't remember the bus number, so thanks for reminding me.

If 9902's accident's happen after 2000, then that explains why i haven't heard about them. That and CBS's bus accidents don't seem to make the news as much as Suffolk Bus's bus accidents. Or at least i never seem to hear about them.

My friend saw 5054 on the S58 at Smith Haven the day that you said you have 5059 for the first time.

Oh and with "Tangled up" i assume it means an accident, as i can't think of anything else it could stand for. You don't need to confirm or deny it if you don't want to.
ST9909

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes 9902's accidents happened after that period....one happened by Caleb Smith on the 58 and the other happened about 2 years ago on the 71...mark tree rd and 347...i prefer not to give details of the accidents in public but can always answer any ques you might have.....9905 has always been a spare bus since it was given to us...and i dont believe it was ever "assigned" to a route.....i believe it has the least mileage out of the 99's as well....i have never driven 9901....and it's been a minute since i've been on 9902......9903 is fast and has a lottt of mileage....9904 has about 800,000, 9905 has much less, 9906 is one of my favorites bc it has good brakes.....but i forget the mileage bc that bus has had lotsss of problems lately..(i dont think it was ever assigned to a route either)...9907 is my favorite bus bc it's loud and FAST...i hit 80 with 9903 and 9907.....ironic that 907 was assigned to the slow routes like the 56 and the 76 (by the way 9908 is now the bus for the 56-2 and 9907 is the 76)....i believe they were trying to even out the mileage......9909 is also one of my favorites but it has about 845,000 miles on it....along with 9910....which also has upwards of 900,000 miles....so although they stil run beautifully for the most part i really hope they keep them...
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
yes 9902's accidents happened after that period....one happened by Caleb Smith on the 58 and the other happened about 2 years ago on the 71...mark tree rd and 347...i prefer not to give details of the accidents in public but can always answer any ques you might have.....9905 has always been a spare bus since it was given to us...and i dont believe it was ever "assigned" to a route.....i believe it has the least mileage out of the 99's as well....i have never driven 9901....and it's been a minute since i've been on 9902......9903 is fast and has a lottt of mileage....9904 has about 800,000, 9905 has much less, 9906 is one of my favorites bc it has good brakes.....but i forget the mileage bc that bus has had lotsss of problems lately..(i dont think it was ever assigned to a route either)...9907 is my favorite bus bc it's loud and FAST...i hit 80 with 9903 and 9907.....ironic that 907 was assigned to the slow routes like the 56 and the 76 (by the way 9908 is now the bus for the 56-2 and 9907 is the 76)....i believe they were trying to even out the mileage......9909 is also one of my favorites but it has about 845,000 miles on it....along with 9910....which also has upwards of 900,000 miles....so although they stil run beautifully for the most part i really hope they keep them...

No details are necessary as Mark Tree road and 347 is very bad, a family member who was a fire fighter with the Seatuket Fire Department was hit in that same intersection while responding to a fire in a fire truck back in the late 70's i believe.

I remember when they when the 99xx's first came they were assigned to the S62 and S60, i don't remember about the S58, though i defiantly weren't assigned to the S56. I think it was 9907-9909 on the S60 and like 9901-9904 on the S62, you can correct me if i'm wrong.

I remember seeing 9907 on the S56 back in February, the driver pulled into the mall, and must have had nobody on board, because they went right on brake, which cracked me up.
ST9909

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i cant give details anyway.....well anyway 9907 was assigned to the 56 for quite some time and i know the driver you're talking about and most usof us tend to pull in fast and go right to break because you get a lot of time on that route.....damn good bus too....but nowadays it seems that 9907 will retire on the 76 route...what a shame that bus is a beauty...9908 took its p-lace as the driver for the S56-2 (SECOND DRIVER OUT ON THE 56)
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
no i cant give details anyway.....well anyway 9907 was assigned to the 56 for quite some time and i know the driver you're talking about and most usof us tend to pull in fast and go right to break because you get a lot of time on that route.....damn good bus too....but nowadays it seems that 9907 will retire on the 76 route...what a shame that bus is a beauty...9908 took its p-lace as the driver for the S56-2 (SECOND DRIVER OUT ON THE 56)

I only found what the S56 driver did that day runny, because i had never seen any driver do that before, every time i have seen an S56 before that day, it always had like one, two, or a couple of passengers that were getting off.

You know, i think i've seen about every 99xx bus CBS has in person except 9910, i don't think i have ever come across that one before. Though i have seen it in pictures and two videos.
ST9909

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i drive the 56 i do that too.....especially with that bus becaus its fastttttt.....always get yo breaks on time.....

BYYY THE WAYYY 5073 will be back in service by or before next week i saw it sittin in the yard today she lookin good as new!!! which means that 5058 will be reassigned!!

by the way number two i'm sorry i trashed 5059 it musta just been a bad day with the seat and the air conditioning/heating....that bus is FAST too
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
when i drive the 56 i do that too.....especially with that bus becaus its fastttttt.....always get yo breaks on time.....

BYYY THE WAYYY 5073 will be back in service by or before next week i saw it sittin in the yard today she lookin good as new!!! which means that 5058 will be reassigned!!

by the way number two i'm sorry i trashed 5059 it musta just been a bad day with the seat and the air conditioning/heating....that bus is FAST too

yeah, 9907 did seem fast that day.

Oh and i retract what i said about 9910, i had seen it in person like a year or two ago when it was on the S58.

Thats great to hear that 5073 will be back to work soon.

I don't think anyone mind or cared very much about what you said about 5059. I'm sure it must get annoying when you get a bus that had problems the day before and then have the same problems if not more the next day. Glad to hear that 5059 is fast.
ST9909

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it gets very annoying to read the DOT card when it says "FIXED OK" by the mechanic lol.....i know you dont mind it was a general statement lol.......

i dont know where the other buses are going for now.....

i miss driving the 56 with 9907 and 9903 ....theyre probably the fastest in the fleet believe it or not......

and yessirrrr 5073 will be back on the 60-3 soon
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST9909 wrote:
and yessirrrr 5073 will be back on the 60-3 soon

5073 Sitting on Route 112 facing North-bound in Medford with hazard lights on around 3p.m. and the driver walking around it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: