BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[CT] CT Transit stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: [CT] CT Transit stuff Reply with quote

Just a new thread for Ct Transit related stuff!!!-
NHRider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Novas around the city yet?
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NHRider wrote:
Any Novas around the city yet?

AFAIK, nope. Haven't seen any. I guess we'll wait until amorek and eddie4life tell us when the buses arrive since they work there.
amorek13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have bad news i guess not till spring now, dont know all the details but it has to do something with reduing some entrances to the hartford facility and sending supervisors for training
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos for CT Transit for changing the course of the Bradley Flyer to directly compete with Peter Pan. Maybe adding Saturday service to Middletown, direct service to Meriden and UConn, and start transit systems in Enfield and Manchester, then this might be the perfect transit system, but only in a perfect world.
amorek13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see nothing posted on a website about silver ln service on sundays to run every hour
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Sounds like CT Transit New Haven picked up the S-Madison route, which means there could be some fleet shifting. I mean because CT Transit New Haven doesn't have enough buses to do something like that. Well I can say this for sure, S-Madison is going to be like 55-Middletown, a lifeline only on the weekdays.
subbuff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was off today but a fellow driver informed that indeed 4 jobs for the S Madison went up for bid today in New Haven.i will see for sure tomorrow.also i would assume the would send some coach buses over to us in New Haven to cover these runs, cause i know with the holiday O buses, and regular pull outs there are not enough buses.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subbuff wrote:
i was off today but a fellow driver informed that indeed 4 jobs for the S Madison went up for bid today in New Haven.i will see for sure tomorrow.also i would assume the would send some coach buses over to us in New Haven to cover these runs, cause i know with the holiday O buses, and regular pull outs there are not enough buses.

True. True. Indeed, but this route is a local run by fare standards. I don't think coach buses will be on these trips. BTW, maybe, just maybe they might have to get some option order buses to add to meet the demand. The Novabuses might, just might, still see service until they turn sixteen. Hopefully so. I mean they're down and out when it comes to amount of buses. Too bad they don't train some drivers on the Novas now and have them in service at the end of the month to ease the lack of buses.
subbuff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they will be using regular buses, but there may not be enough buses, so we shall see what happens.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subbuff wrote:
yes they will be using regular buses, but there may not be enough buses, so we shall see what happens.

D35LFRs in New Haven? That's what the procurement said. A24-A26
Bill D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:

It will be interesting to see what equipment is shifted for this service. Even though the D35LFR's are listed in the procurement for this service, I've seen Dattco operated D4500's deadheading along I-91 to New Haven with the "S" route on the destination signs. I haven't heard anything on who will be operating the New Britain local services (which now combines the routes operated by NBT and Dattco under one contractor), as well as the buses presently operated by Dattco on the 41 route between New Britain and Hartford. This may affect how the buses are allocated. More coaches could end up in Hartford for commuter routes, and transit buses from there moved to New Haven.

North East Transportation will continue operating the Waterbury, Meriden and Wallingford divisions, as well as paratransit service in those areas.

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

It will be interesting to see what equipment is shifted for this service. Even though the D35LFR's are listed in the procurement for this service, I've seen Dattco operated D4500's deadheading along I-91 to New Haven with the "S" route on the destination signs. I haven't heard anything on who will be operating the New Britain local services (which now combines the routes operated by NBT and Dattco under one contractor), as well as the buses presently operated by Dattco on the 41 route between New Britain and Hartford. This may affect how the buses are allocated. More coaches could end up in Hartford for commuter routes, and transit buses from there moved to New Haven.

North East Transportation will continue operating the Waterbury, Meriden and Wallingford divisions, as well as paratransit service in those areas.

Bill

Well not anymore. CT Transit said transit buses. That's what it says on the website. NBT could grab up the whole New Britain and leave DATTCO to do commuter runs. BTW, I wonder who swooped up the Meriden Express run? Also, can the MCI D4500CTs be used outside of commuter service?
NHRider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking away the coach buses?? That's not cool.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NHRider wrote:
Taking away the coach buses?? That's not cool.

Well, taking away commuter buses is not cool, but taking away old coach buses, well that's up in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: