BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!
 
 BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suffolk's Orion VII's Delivered To EBT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 218
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this just dawned on me but MAYBE that option order for this order could have 55 buses (1001-1066 with gaps possibly) as 35ft and 40ft buses and the option order of 28 buses (1101-1128) could be 30ft buses. Just a thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jimbo



Age: 67
Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 187
Location: Greenport, NY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 218
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.



Then THAT bus replaced #9620.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1626
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.



Then THAT bus replaced #9620.


Unless they get two, like they did with the 50xx order. Still don't get why they had gotten two 50xx buses, if all their routes except the 90 used the 97xx buses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 218
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.



Then THAT bus replaced #9620.


Unless they get two, like they did with the 50xx order. Still don't get why they had gotten two 50xx buses, if all their routes except the 90 used the 97xx buses.


Well, I saw #5042 on the 10B the other day. The 10B for some reason uses TWO buses (#5042 and I think #9711). #5041 is for the S90. I've seen that bus deadhead back to Hampton Jitney.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1626
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.



Then THAT bus replaced #9620.


Unless they get two, like they did with the 50xx order. Still don't get why they had gotten two 50xx buses, if all their routes except the 90 used the 97xx buses.


Well, I saw #5042 on the 10B the other day. The 10B for some reason uses TWO buses (#5042 and I think #9711). #5041 is for the S90. I've seen that bus deadhead back to Hampton Jitney.


Maybe because 9711 is so old, they have 5042 follow it in case it breaks down they don't have to waste time getting a bus from the depot, Since the 10B is only suppose to have one bus running it, unless that changed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan



Age: 39
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 218
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.



Then THAT bus replaced #9620.


Unless they get two, like they did with the 50xx order. Still don't get why they had gotten two 50xx buses, if all their routes except the 90 used the 97xx buses.


Well, I saw #5042 on the 10B the other day. The 10B for some reason uses TWO buses (#5042 and I think #9711). #5041 is for the S90. I've seen that bus deadhead back to Hampton Jitney.


Maybe because 9711 is so old, they have 5042 follow it in case it breaks down they don't have to waste time getting a bus from the depot, Since the 10B is only suppose to have one bus running it, unless that changed.


LMAO!!! You're funny! You're right though but I just don't see why #5042 would run on the 10B and not alternate with #5041 on the S90 OR run on the S92.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall




Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 1626
Location: Suffolk County, NY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
The TransitMan wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
The order consists of 81 buses: 15-40' # 1001 - 1015, 50-35' # 1016-1065 and 16-30' # 1066-1081. And # 1064 (a 35' bus) seen at Hampton Jitney this week.



Then THAT bus replaced #9620.


Unless they get two, like they did with the 50xx order. Still don't get why they had gotten two 50xx buses, if all their routes except the 90 used the 97xx buses.


Well, I saw #5042 on the 10B the other day. The 10B for some reason uses TWO buses (#5042 and I think #9711). #5041 is for the S90. I've seen that bus deadhead back to Hampton Jitney.


Maybe because 9711 is so old, they have 5042 follow it in case it breaks down they don't have to waste time getting a bus from the depot, Since the 10B is only suppose to have one bus running it, unless that changed.


LMAO!!! You're funny! You're right though but I just don't see why #5042 would run on the 10B and not alternate with #5041 on the S90 OR run on the S92.


I thought the same thing about the 90. The 92 would be a different story since it is listed as being run by Sunrise and 5042 is leased to Hampton Jitney, but i guess 5042 could be used on the 92 if it was really needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group