BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was there ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Was there ever Reply with quote

A picture of a Ex New York Bus Service bus working The S40 at Babylon Railroad. I could have sworn i had seen it like a few years ago, but i don't remember where i saw it. I'm starting to think that i imagined the photo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen that picture. But with the billions of pictures out there anything is possible.

Here are two more thoughts that might mess up your mind, assuming you saw the red, white and blue livery and not the original blue/white livery.

1 - Some of the NYBS fishies were sold to Veteran's Transportation (primarily a school bus operation). All they did was to stencil in their name on the back of the blue belt and remove the NYBS from the roof.

2 - Other fishies were sold to Comercial Driver Training Institute in West Babylon, New York. I remember seeing one of them parked n/b on New South Road in Hicksville as a student awaited his road test.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bus still had New York Bus Service on the front. It had S40 to either Babylon or Patchouge in the roll sign. Who ever posted the pic said it was an Ex New York Bus Service.

I wish i could remember were i saw the dang picture. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: