BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About CBS Lines Inc/Coram Bus Service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: About CBS Lines Inc/Coram Bus Service. Reply with quote

I don't think CBS Lines Inc was formed from the remains of Coram Bus Service. If the my source is correct CBS Lines Inc was formed on JULY 21, 1989, while Coarm Bus Service wasn't closed until Dec 23, 1992.

This proves that Coram Bus Service was still open, so Harran Transportation may have brought Coram Bus Service and spun off the transit operation and then closed the school bus operation in 1992 after losing the Port Jefferson School District contract, the only contract the ever, but would have been big because there weren't a lot of school district as there are now and PJ took in alot of kids from surrounding areas. If they still had it into the 90's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is possible. Many times in the corporate world, a company is formed to buy the assets and assume the liabilities of another.

Supposing you and are partners and want to take of a company. When a deal looks close, we form a corporation for protection from personal liability.
With a wink of the eye to you know who, we pick the name of GBL, Inc. The deal is then cut with Linksy Enterprises to take over.

We are now a functioning business. Linsky Enterprises, still has some bills to pay, taxes to file and pay, etc, before it can be dissolved.

The fact that CBS Lines may not have been formed from the remains of Coram bus, doesn't mean that the above scenario didn't take place.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could have happen, if you notice i started off by saying one thing and then basically say something different at the end.

I don't think i had thought everything out when i first started to write the post.

What most likely started it probably was, the Company was failing, Harran probably saw Coram's Transit operations as a good business venture, and then either your or my idea happen.

I find one thing kinda funny, CBS Lines was created about a month after my Grandfather died.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i forgot to say that the reason that was giving for Coram Bus Service being inactive was giving as - Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority.

LOUIS A. FUOCO BUS SERVICE, INC. was giving as Merged Out, what ever that means. I do know that Fuoco's former yard is currently used by First Student.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: