BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few bus pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: A few bus pics Reply with quote

Hey guys...after trying to figure out whats my password on here, Im back...and posting.

A lot has changed over the last time I was here. Unfortunately I did get laidoff from OCTA due to the service cuts. I applied for TDM Incorporated and CoachUSA shortly thereafter. I got in at both. TDM is 1 of 3 contractors that operate the LAX Shuttle. Unfortunately, I was laidoff from them when LA World Airports made run cuts and gave ServisAir most of the work. I managed to get on full-time at CoachUSA.

*Also...for those that dont know, Im a proud owner of an ex LACMTA CNG Neoplan.

1993 MCI 102DL3 with a DD60 engine and Allison 748 transmission. Wicked Combination

2009 NABI 35LFW # 700
Powertrain = Cummins ISL-G engine & ZF Ecomat 5HP594 transmission

...an '07 NABI

Heres my Neoplan, shortly after I bought it in May. The headsign has seen better days. The sidesign works fine. Ive been working on it ever since & its one problem after another. It will be replaced soon.

Line 33 - Fullerton Park-Ride Lot via Venice Blvd...yeah right lol
This was the last NABI i drove at OCTA.

Powertrain = Cummins ISL-G engine and Allison B400R6 transmission. The OCTA NABIs were repowered in 2008-2009

2005 NewFlyer GE40LF Gasoline Electric Hybrid # 5421. These has the same powertrain as the MTA NABI hybrids, except these have MAN axles.

These buses are temporary decommissioned until the economy starts to pick-up

...last but not least heres a 2008 NFI C40LFR with a Cummins ISL-G and Allison tranny.

Cyberider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the nice photos and your bus looks nice as well! Mr. Green
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberider wrote:
Thanks for sharing the nice photos and your bus looks nice as well! Mr. Green

youre welcome
Rt4957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Neoplan Number is that,,I think I have some Seat Time in that one,,Oh the stories it could Tell....

Rt4957
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Phil, this is 4681, ex Division 8. You should come by and check it out one day
Rt4957

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4681,,definately a good bus.

I might have pictures of it in the "Dead Lane"".
I Know I have shots of it in sevice or at the yard,,as i`ve made it a definate point of Shooting everything in sight at the yard,,new and old as you never know where it will turn up.

I had thought it was 4562 (Saw it for sale recently),and I almost lived in that bus on a run I had as I would get it every day,,Only thing is It had one of those horrendous "Wachovia" wraps and had to deal with that.
It had a bad habit of Throwing a "Trace" light on the Gas Detection panel between 25MPH to 50MPH,,I finally had to film it with my camera as proof to the mechanics as they kept saying "No defect found".

How do you keep 4681 fueled,,and about how much does it cost to fuel it at a facility?

Rt4957
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks ago It was at 1000PSI, so I took it to the Clean Energy Fueling facility @ Aviation/104th Street. at $2.49/gge ... It cost me $143 to fill from 1000 to 3900PSI. The range is about 320 miles mostly highway. With a combination of road/street its around 290-300 miles.

I dont take it to just any CNG Fueling station. Since the Neoplans have the large fuel receptacles, I only go to CNG Facilities that have the large fuel nozzles. cngprices.com and cngnow.com are two good sources to find such stations.

-Eddie
Rt4957

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some pictures of 4681 I took while in service back in 2009.

They are in the Gallery under Members stuff

I`ve been hunting forever for pictures of my bus in service,,but have found nothing.
(Maybe it was a hanger queen and never went out)

Next time you might want to limit your capacity to 35-3700 on the tanks (As You don`t want to do a 4519),,Our Div (Cool usually doesn`t go more than 33-3500PSI,,and as a civilian,,you don`t want to pop a tank.

Are your tanks good for a few more years,,or does privately owned CNG buses exempt from tank certification.
We heard the reason they were De-Commissioning the Neoplans was due to them not wanting to Re-Tank all of them,,and they were on their second sets already after being mid-lifed around 2002-2004.

No matter,,it is a good bus then as it also looks now.
Did they take off the Alcoa rims and put on "Maypop" tires (Scrap Tires that "May Pop" if driven too long?)

Rt4957
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres been a few instances where it fills up to 3500/3600. Most of the time it will stop at either 3700-3800. That one time it got up to 4000PSI. This bus has 12 of these CNG tanks...so i will keep it around 3700. One of the mechanics were telling me the 6700s have 13 tanks instead of 12-and they can fuel up to about 4000-4200PSI. 4681s tanks were replaced and are good for another 8 years...so Im lucky I didnt have to spend any more $$$ recycling them. However, all were inspected.

Unfortunately 4681 had the black steel rims when it was retired...along with some scraps. The scrap tires were replaced with new ones.

Im not sure if you know who Danny Elliot is, but he also has # 4564 and is looking for a buyer.
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the layoff.

How far down the list are you for recall to the transit system? Cincinnati has recalled most of its laid off operators from December, and we have started calling back a few of the 37 laid off here in Louisville in June.

timecruncher
Rt4957

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,,here is your 4681 in service when I drove it last year on the 245,on a Saturday.

Rt4957
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: