BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buron444

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: From Spain Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

My name is José Antonio López, I am 64 years old, I live in Madrid.
I am interested in buses (and trucks, by yhe way) since I was a child; and I don't know why ... Smile

I you are interested in Spanish trucks and buses and you are able to read Spanish, you can visit www.camionesclasicos.com . Not as complete and high level as Bus Talk, but anyway ...

Best wishes.

(The Always attach my signature preference seems not to work ...):
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felicitaciones!
Jose Antonio, congratulations to your magnificent team and the people of Spain rejoicing!
I was just watching Onda Cero on the internet and the trip from the airport to the royal palace. The team traveled in a white bus marked "Esteban Rivas." Is that a local charter company? What model bus was that?
It was great that the camera person on the motorcycle showed someone holding the Cup at a right-side window. As I was watching "Directo," I presume it will be hours before the team boards the double-decker open-top (according to the Washington Post) for a tour of Madrid.
All best wishes.
Joe McMahon
Link:
http://www.ondacero.es/OndaCero/home.do
buron444

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Joe.

You are right, Esteban Rivas is a well-known coach charter company in Madrid. Years ago it was too a Renault bus&coach dealer, but now they concentrate in the operation bussiness, as far as I know, and they operate any make.
I can't now remember the bus model. It was for sure a top chassis+body combination, but I forgot it. A Scania+Irizar perhaps?

The team went from the airport to the Royal Palace, to be congratulated by the King and Royal Family, then to La Moncloa to visit the Prime Minister, and then the open top (I can't remember the make either; for sure it was an ex-British double decker) tour, that was a kind of collective extasis indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: