BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buses in the Bronx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Buses in the Bronx Reply with quote

Heres a few bus photos I took in the Bronx.

Q65A

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!
That top photo brings back memories for me.
I am very familiar with that particular bus stop on E. Fordham Rd., with Roosevelt H.S. in the background. It looks as if you were standing on the north side of Fordham Rd., and the Fordham U. campus would be a block or two at your back.
When I was a freshman at Fordham in Sept. 1975, I commuted from my home in Queens and did not yet hold a NYS operator's license. I started commuting by subway, but then I switched to an all-bus route that involved the Q65, QBx-1, and Bx-12.
Many an afternoon, I waited at the very bus stop in your top photo, only back then it was MABSTOA Fishbowls (mostly TDH-5303's without A/C)running on the Bx-12.
Waynejay

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Fordham and Bathgate Ave. I guess you'd also remember the White Castle too. It's still there, but like most others they built a new building in the parking lot and then demolished the older building.

You're right about the 5303s on the Bx12. In those days I was pretty young, but I remember COL depot having loads of 5303s without A/C. They also had a bunch of Flxible 4600-4700s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: