BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rainy Saturday - Suffolk County

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Rainy Saturday - Suffolk County Reply with quote

My wife and I took our daughter and son-in-law to MacArthur airport for their trip to San Diego.

On the return, there were 2 SBS artics at Atlantic Detroit Diesel in Bohemia. Didn't get the #'s. Didn't seem to be any other buses on the outside of the facility.

Then a few minutes later in the Macy's Shopping Center, Vet's Highway, Commack NY I saw ex-Harran Prevost 824 running (if you can call it that) as Ground America Transport's 824. Seems they just took off the Harran logos and put their ICC infor on the bus. The bus's paint in the rear is starting to peel and the bus doesn't show well. The motor sounds bad. It doesn't appear to this non-mechanic that GAT has done anything to the vehicle since Harran closed up on 12/14/06. The driver told me that he was there to start a Foxwoods run at 1145. He was dressed in a pair of slacks, a shirt, no tie, a non-descript windbreaker, with no marking and a beat up baseball cap. I think that GAT is now being used by ICMC which is now a travel agency and a Suffolk County Transit bus operator.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 SBS artics at Atlantic Detroit Diesel in Bohemia??
scatman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: 2 sbs artics Reply with quote

sbs = select bus service from gun hill depot in bronx if thats what u r asking
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
2 SBS artics at Atlantic Detroit Diesel in Bohemia??

Yes standing side by side on the north side of the building facing Vet's Hwy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: