BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'NABI 42 BRT PREVIEW'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: 'NABI 42 BRT PREVIEW' Reply with quote

I was tooling around town today and had to do a 'double take' when I spotted what I now know to be a new NABI 42BRT in LACMTA 'Local' livery.

I took the double take because it looked like half of a 60 BRT running amok!

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me but I will tomorrow and, in the meantime see a NABI brochure rendition below.

I especially dislike the covers on the front wheels (are they kidding?).

I'll still take the 45C anytime!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the new LACMTA NABI 42 BRT's tend to be quite elusive (probably because there are only six of them in service at the present time) and I have been unable to photograph one myself, I did come across a rare image taken by Mike Bottone on Flickr.

From what I understand, these buses are fleet numbered in the 4200 series and are being trialed on several different routes.

I still can't figure out how the cover over the front wheel is mounted so as to follow the direction of the steering, and what a headache it's going to be for mechanics in the long run!

C'est la vie!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR. LINSKY -

And, so it came to pass, Buck Rogers arrived in the City Of Angels!

Bah! Same job could still be done better and cheaper with a GM TDH-5105! (A buyer wanted fancy? Get the WhiteWall tires,
and cases of Armor-All or Tire Shine!)

......................Vern..............
timecruncher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not terribly enamored of the short or long version of these. Would be okay on an exclusive busway route, I suppose. I'm wondering how Metrobus' version is going to handle winter is D.C.

Rather than spend a bunch more $$ for a pretty bus, I'll go for pretty much any conventional bus, even though nowadays that means low floor with any manufacturer!

Spend the extra money on training and customer service skills, and perhaps hire some security personnel and you might have the beginnings of a bus line...

timecruncher
Rt4957

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These little thingys are Hybrids 4200-4206.

Metro is expirementing with them,,at first,there were 3 divisions operating 2 buses each,Division 3,Division 6 and Division 15.
From what I heard,,the ones at Div 15 ran for a few weeks,then developed a problem with the way the Battery was recharging,,the Ford V10 would not kick in at the correct time,and the battery would eventually go dead.

The buses are supposedly now at Division 3,all 6of them ,I heard 4205 just the other day working the 485 line,,but presently,there is not much success with the project,so these may be the only 6 we get.

The front wheelcovers are gone from a few,,and also there is a Maintenance Memo that is going to delete/remove ALL fender skirts from these and the Artics except for 9200-9229,9395-9398 and 9495(the 65BRT) that are used on the 901 Metro Orange Line,they will be retrofitted with Rubber Splash guards.

Rt4957
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im happy metro are removing the covers. Lemme ask a question ... how does one check the lugnuts and tire condition on the BRTs ( with the wheel covers ?

I agree with Mr Linsky...the 45ft Compo looks better. Im glad NABI brought it back into production
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: