BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Lines 10001
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamaica608

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Green Lines 10001 Reply with quote

Was sent to Eastchester for a paint job. Baisley Park just completed a heavy suspension overhaul on the bus.
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the saved buses are getting some TLC in prep for the MTA Bus Rodeo.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait wasn't this bus already repainted a year ago? I remember the repaint being very blocky by the Green Lines area (plus the lights were replaced with Led's). Wow thats cool though the bus is receiving more attention than it ever had. Are there plans to do this for JBL and Command TMC, NYBS and TCC Fishbowl, as well as the LLE Classic? Hey Kevin what exactly do you do during the heavy suspension overhaul? Thanks
MarkW

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is getting more than a paint job. I know ex NYBS 1502 is getting quite a bit of work done to it. The TCC fishbowl 621 was in the middle of some heavy work a few weeks ago. Not sure about the Command, Liberty and Jamaica museum buses.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkW wrote:
I think it is getting more than a paint job. I know ex NYBS 1502 is getting quite a bit of work done to it. The TCC fishbowl 621 was in the middle of some heavy work a few weeks ago. Not sure about the Command, Liberty and Jamaica museum buses.

Wow very nice. I'm happy to hear that these buses are receiving a lot of TLC. I can't wait to see them.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitGuy wrote:
Wait wasn't this bus already repainted a year ago? I remember the repaint being very blocky by the Green Lines area (plus the lights were replaced with Led's). Wow thats cool though the bus is receiving more attention than it ever had. Are there plans to do this for JBL and Command TMC, NYBS and TCC Fishbowl, as well as the LLE Classic? Hey Kevin what exactly do you do during the heavy suspension overhaul? Thanks

GBL 10001 was not repainted a year ago. The fiberglass panels were replaced. Any paint work that might have been done was just to make the bus presentable.

As far as "receiveing more attenion than it ever had", GBL never had time for things like this. There were no "Spare Buses" to cover this kind of work. Any work that needed to be done was done and the bus put back on the road. GBL was not good at making the buses pretty simply because every bus out of service meant another bus missing on a route.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
TransitGuy wrote:

GBL 10001 was not repainted a year ago. The fiberglass panels were replaced. Any paint work that might have been done was just to make the bus presentable.

As far as "receiveing more attenion than it ever had", GBL never had time for things like this. There were no "Spare Buses" to cover this kind of work. Any work that needed to be done was done and the bus put back on the road. GBL was not good at making the buses pretty simply because every bus out of service meant another bus missing on a route.

Oh ok thanks for letting me know. I thought the bus was repainted a year ago since it just seemed to look new with new paint (wheels and the whole bus was shining). Also, I know how hard it is to maintain all of the buses especially when you have so much and they must run everyday. But I wonder if it will be repainted with a bit more accuracy. Thanks
Jamaica608

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaica Buses 3865 was also sent to Eastchester to be repainted.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaica608 wrote:
Jamaica Buses 3865 was also sent to Eastchester to be repainted.

These are odd questions but do you think they are going to replace the decel (the rear orange lights that would blink when braking) lights that were removed from that bus? Also, will ads be replaced on the bus or any of the interior posters. Thanks and thanks for letting us know about the progress on the museum buses.
MarkW

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure all ads will be removed.
Bee Flexible #823

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a QSC Museum Bus at this year's Bus Roadeo? They are the only Ex-NYCDOT Company that does not possess "one" in its scheme at the present time. I'm very upset that they do not have one in their possession. Why not? What's the hold up?
Mr RT

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non of their RTS or Classics were saved Sad
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would hope that an Orion V will be saved and restored to QSC colors when its service career is over.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Jamaica 3865 originally ran for QSC. In theory, a QSC RTS was saved.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripta42 wrote:
Also, Jamaica 3865 originally ran for QSC. In theory, a QSC RTS was saved.

I know there is an old Steinway/QSC GMC RTS sitting rotting away. Would be nice IF the MTA bought the bus to restore back to QSC since there were no GMC RTS's left at takeover time.

A snowball might have a better chance in a blast furance though. Just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: