BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I present to you, the NovaBUS LFS Artic... STM style...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmnewlook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: I present to you, the NovaBUS LFS Artic... STM style... Reply with quote

Here's my first pic of an STM NovaBUS LFS Artic, 29-802 in training, coming out of Legendre garage. They are slated to enter service in October of this year.

Enjoy! Wink

Nabinut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Nova LFS Classic Reply with quote

Very cool photo.
Surprised this model carries the original front end cap instead of the newer cap with the smaller lights
gmnewlook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's the new front end. They have two options for it, the two small xenon lights or the standard light like the one shown here. RTC in Quebec City is getting Artics too in that configuration.

(C)Photo by FĂ©lix Parent-Rocheleau

And, also, the STM has 3rd gens out and the front end is the same, like the ones in Gatineau (Ottawa region) and the ST de Saguenay too.

Here's STM 29-082 shot by yours truly:
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Floor vent on it, too?

I posted some pics of this bus a few weeks ago elsewhere on this site, but I like its looks and I enjoyed driving it. That's the destination display I want to put on the Luminator sign list: BIENVENUE A BORD (Welcome Aboard). I like to mess with our passengers sometimes...

The one we're testing for Cummins doesn't have the floor vent, but it is definitely built to Canadian specs otherwise. All of the maintenance controls are in French!

A few years ago I got to drive one of COTA's LFS models up in Columbus, Ohio at their Fields Avenue facility. One of their timecrunchers programmed the sign to show my son's name and 'DA TIMECRUNCHER' on it. So I introduce here, the son of timecruncher (who drives buses for TANK in northern Kentucky) having his first Nova experience:

The kid also got to drive COTA's new look 5303 (no power steering!), and wondered aloud how the heck we drove those things every day for years without that feature. I told him he was a pussy and needed to learn how to drive a real bus!

Yeah, I'm mean like that...

timecruncher Mad
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note too that the newer LFS' headlights are placed further outboard than the 1999 version in Columbus. This is because the headlights on the older design were slightly obscured and diffused by bike racks which became common mostly after the turn of the century.

And now you know the rest of the story...

timecruncher
gmnewlook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
Hmmm. Floor vent on it, too?

I posted some pics of this bus a few weeks ago elsewhere on this site, but I like its looks and I enjoyed driving it. That's the destination display I want to put on the Luminator sign list: BIENVENUE A BORD (Welcome Aboard). I like to mess with our passengers sometimes...

timecruncher Mad

Does it have a fleet number?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: