BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clunkers Trade in Program Has some Flaws
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlineMCI wrote:
Consider that what we breath out is Carbon Dioxide. Carbon dioxide is used by plants during photosynthesis to make sugars, which may either be consumed in respiration or used as the raw material to produce other organic compounds needed for plant growth and development. It is produced during respiration by plants, and by all animals, fungi and microorganisms that depend either directly or indirectly on plants for food. It is a major component of the carbon cycle. Also, Small amounts of carbon dioxide are emitted from volcanoes. Carbon dioxide is one of the most abundant gasses in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide plays an important part in vital plant and animal process, such as photosynthesis and respiration.

Sure, but the combination of excess CO2 and deforestation cause things to go off-balance. Much bigger problems than CO2 are CO, NOₓ, and unburned hydrocarbons, and I have no idea why CO2 has become the poster child for global warming.

Quote:
Ice has been breaking up and regrowing for [eons]. Climatologists took ice depth readings and compared them with their readings from ten years ago and thy have found no significant changes. What the Al Gore robots show you are only the one part of a cycle of ice breaking up and falling into the sea, but they will fail to tell you during the natural warming period, these things happen naturally and he'll even put scary music in there to add to the effect.

At present, we have the least amount of sea ice in recorded history and it's still receding. Problem is, I don't think we have enough recorded history to draw any conclusions. That still doesn't change the fact that pollution is unhealthy and should be mitigated.

Last edited by ripta42 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
I betcha Al Gore doesn't drive a Prius...

Al Gore III does!
timecruncher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - I guess he was 'smokin in his Tie-ohta!

timecruncher

Gawd, nothing like your kids to make you look like the village idiot in front of the rest of the world.

Oh wait - Al already looks and sounds like... um,

timecruncher
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's

Last edited by shortlineMCI on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
I betcha Al Gore doesn't drive a Prius...

timecruncher

I couldn't have come up with a statement any more true than that! I think he should get around with a hang glider and really set an example.

Instead he is too busy flying around in his private jet plane (An older one I might add) telling us we have to drive cars that you have to plug in to the wall like a cell phone. Another failure of this rogue adminstration does not realize that if we all drive rechargeable cars we will be overtaxing the electrical grid. And how do we get our electricity? From fossil fuels. Hmm. the same thing that cars run off of. We'll be using even MORE fossil fuels. Classic case of Goverment intervention. They can't run a damn thing, anything they touch turns into a disaster of epic proportions and turns the ecomony into tailspin.

As for Al Bore... It's a classic case of do as I say, not what I do.

Anyhow, Mike..I think we should open up a carbon dioxide board. Whatdya think? LOL!!!
timecruncher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wait! We'll have to get rid of coal-fired power plants and we can't use evil nuclear power. Can't use natural gas, either. Our president wants us to use wind and solar power.

That's it. The earth will be happy, Al Gore will be happy, 75% of the population will be unemployed, but we'll all live in happiness and harmony and birds will sing and flowers will bloom and life as Obama sees it will be blissful! Seems to me this is what Hitler promised his people 80 years ago.

Fooey!

I'm sure the Secret Service will trade in all of their $50,000 black Chevy Suburbans for $60,000 black Chevy Hybrid Suburbans that get the same lousy fuel economy! You know the politicians on the left want to set a good example, and what the hell? GM should give 'em a good deal on replacements since they used our tax dollars to bail out their pension plan without bothering to ask us tax payers if we were interested.

timecruncher
Grrr - 'fired up this morning!
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Guys -

What a bad news thread! I went to school in the bad, old days. We were taught Old Time Junk Science there is such a thing as Sun Cycles.
Over millions of years, the Earth has experienced its up an downs over the vast millenia...

In the Parable of Goldilocks And The Three Bears, the Earth has experienced cycles of "Too Hot... Too Cold... Just Right...". Best mere mortals
not fret over all of it? Might it be a tad presumtious and arrogant to cherish beliefs that man's dirty life habits sway the meters at all? Gotta'
watch them cows! All those unauthorized methane emissions!

Anyway, on July 8, 1947, a little over 60 years ago, witnesses claim that an unidentified flying object (UFO) with five aliens aboard crashed
onto a sheep and mule ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico ... This is a well known incident that many say has long been covered up by
the U.S. Air Force and other federal agencies and organizations. FAIK, the aliens brought all this newly, thought alarming grief!

These currently fashionable crazes in worship of the Golden Calf du jour? There is some risk in that, on the strength of accounts in The Book...

............Vern.............
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:
But wait! We'll have to get rid of coal-fired power plants and we can't use evil nuclear power. Can't use natural gas, either. Our president wants us to use wind and solar power.

LOL.. so true. What country did Soros give a few million dollars to start drilling in their country for oil? Kills me. We have right here in this country 100s and 100's of years worth of oil rigtht here in sweet crude and oil shale but unfortunatly we are being controlled by activists.

Wind power..I can see it now. Thousands and thousands of stupid wind mills in NYC and when they ice up in the winter, let's have ice being hurled off the blades and killing people. Would obama like to do? Heat the wind mill blades with electrical heaters inside?

That's it. The earth will be happy, Al Gore will be happy, 75% of the population will be unemployed, but we'll all live in happiness and harmony and birds will sing and flowers will bloom and life as Obama sees it will be blissful! Seems to me this is what Hitler promised his people 80 years ago.

Hey by the way..I was heading out of the Lincoln tunnel the other day with the big 19 ton MCI fully loaded (which loaded is about 23 tons) and here comes a Smart car buzzing along to my right. Well..another car got on to the highway in one helluva hurry so I had to..........well, it was either me or the smart car. What did he do? slammed his breaks and beeped. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. Razz He showed me his IQ with his hands Smile

Fooey!

I'm sure the Secret Service will trade in all of their $50,000 black Chevy Suburbans for $60,000 black Chevy Hybrid Suburbans that get the same lousy fuel economy! You know the politicians on the left want to set a good example, and what the hell? GM should give 'em a good deal on replacements since they used our tax dollars to bail out their pension plan without bothering to ask us tax payers if we were interested.

timecruncher
Grrr - 'fired up this morning!
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread closed per [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law]Godwin's Law[/url].
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: