BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LI Bus discards July, 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: LI Bus discards July, 2009 Reply with quote

I cannot be too certain what I saw this afternoon, July 25, 2009, at the former New York Bus Co. yard alongside I-95 north of Co-op City, The Bronx, but it appeared to be twenty or more older buses of the LI Bus fleet. The orange and blue stripes caught my eye. I was southbound at highway speed, so I did not get a good look.
Joe
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: LI Bus discards July, 2009 Reply with quote

N4 Jamaica wrote:
I cannot be too certain what I saw this afternoon, July 25, 2009, at the former New York Bus Co. yard alongside I-95 north of Co-op City, The Bronx, but it appeared to be twenty or more older buses of the LI Bus fleet. The orange and blue stripes caught my eye. I was southbound at highway speed, so I did not get a good look.
Joe

Makes sense now that the 80+ Orion VII's are now in service. Hopefully I can see some next Saturday on the way north to the Shoreline Troilley Museum
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed the former NY Bus Service site this past Sunday, August 30th and the entire fence area nearest the highway was lined with LI Bus vehicles, as well as a bunch in the aisle behind it.
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted three photos from Eastchester Yard (8.11.2009) in my gallery.
http://gallery.bustalk.info/index.php?cat=10030
Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: