BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Curb Demand for Gas and Get Gas Prices Under Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: How to Curb Demand for Gas and Get Gas Prices Under Control Reply with quote

Since such SUVs as Avalanches, Escalades,Suburbans, Excursions,Navigators, and Expeditions seem to be the gas hogs sucking up all the gas, one way to get demand/ and prices under control might be to get these gas hogs, along with Hummers, off the roads and one way to do that might be subjecting them to Highway Use Tax the same as big rig truckers and require APPORTIONED plates on these gas hogs if they are going to be operated interstate. When their owners are confronted with the extra costs that go with APPORTIONED license plates which are the same as big rig trucks carry, it would be interesting to see how fast these gas hogs disappear from the roads. Given the number of the vehicles involved, getting rid of them ought to take care of some of the demand for gas. I don't know about you gentlemen, but I have no intention of being made prisoner in my home by a bunch of price gouging oil companies or gas hogs that are sucking up all the gas such as the aforementioned SUVS. The rising gas prices are only going to choke off the recovery in the economy as people cut back more and more on everything and the cycle keeps feeding on itsself, keeping a vicous cycle going. In addition, why not have just one or two blends of gasoline for the entire country instead of 70 some different blends? That would take care of a good part of the cost right there, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dieseljim -

Sorry, you are way off base! This particular line of thinking may only be done by complete fools, way above our pay grades, who went to
all the right schools...

Apportionment plates would drive a "retail" user to insanity, simply because of the paperwork. There would be no actual net, added direct
registration costs in use of "IRP" tags, however. The scary "sneak agenda" item is the mendacity of the "ton mile tax" for cars (or any
vehicles), simply because the GPS chips can enable it!

The problem with the major thesis that you urge here, is that it does not embrace the very real needs of areas, removed from the out of
control urban areas, throughout this very large nation...

A crew cab pickup truck serves a very clear and real set of needs for a contractor, utility operator, farmer, and so on at every point in the
nation. So, for that matter, the SUVs and every other vehicle demonized by the possibly psychopathic greenies (I'm not a psychiatrist!).

The end point of this present day nonsense is we may be stampeded into telling any business that they must use three new style, little
pickups, in lieu a crew cab pickup, an SUV, or whatever. The current, and completely nutsy policies on the table, will go far in wrecking
our economy. It is that simple. Did any of us ever get to vote on any of it?

Tell me how the grand experiment of deregulation actually helped anyone at all? I can submit documentation there have been no net
savings at all as a result. Yet, thousands of middle class families uprooted from jobs delivering a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Rather
nasty results of what, in final analysis, was a spite battle between one politico and one union leader, yes?...

This entire Poli-Crap is wearying and tiresome, yes? Don't waste your time worrying over some and quite few buyers, with more money
and devoid of any common sense, and penchant to buy large vehicles simply because it is faddish...

......................Vern...............
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Pols Already Wrecked Economy Reply with quote

The POLs HAVE already wrecked the economy,and perhaps another attack on Washington would not be such a bad thing. Try living on a fixed income as I along with millions of others and the prospects of NO COLAS for two years or longer and you can get a better idea of why rising prices make me so angry almost to the point of using violence.All I want to do is be able to enjoy life once in a while without being stuck at home all the time, what would the alternative be? Suicide? In this wrecked economy, you'd be surprised at the growing number of folks resorting to suicide and/or murder suicide because of the economy. I bet the oil execs are laughing in their lines of coke right now, lol.
HwyHaulier wrote:
dieseljim -

Sorry, you are way off base! This particular line of thinking may only be done by complete fools, way above our pay grades, who went to
all the right schools...

Apportionment plates would drive a "retail" user to insanity, simply because of the paperwork. There would be no actual net, added direct
registration costs in use of "IRP" tags, however. The scary "sneak agenda" item is the mendacity of the "ton mile tax" for cars (or any
vehicles), simply because the GPS chips can enable it!

The problem with the major thesis that you urge here, is that it does not embrace the very real needs of areas, removed from the out of
control urban areas, throughout this very large nation...

A crew cab pickup truck serves a very clear and real set of needs for a contractor, utility operator, farmer, and so on at every point in the
nation. So, for that matter, the SUVs and every other vehicle demonized by the possibly psychopathic greenies (I'm not a psychiatrist!).

The end point of this present day nonsense is we may be stampeded into telling any business that they must use three new style, little
pickups, in lieu a crew cab pickup, an SUV, or whatever. The current, and completely nutsy policies on the table, will go far in wrecking
our economy. It is that simple. Did any of us ever get to vote on any of it?

Tell me how the grand experiment of deregulation actually helped anyone at all? I can submit documentation there have been no net
savings at all as a result. Yet, thousands of middle class families uprooted from jobs delivering a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Rather
nasty results of what, in final analysis, was a spite battle between one politico and one union leader, yes?...

This entire Poli-Crap is wearying and tiresome, yes? Don't waste your time worrying over some and quite few buyers, with more money
and devoid of any common sense, and penchant to buy large vehicles simply because it is faddish...

......................Vern...............
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dieseljim -

Oh, I can tell you fixed income stories! About how my, now up in age, Mother had a fair amount (tho not lavish) set aside for retirement. What I have seen,
in help with her affairs: Since 1984, the sum of money (with its interest income stream) has, and because of irresponsible inflation, reduced to a mere one
third of its earlier value!

You want oil industry problems! Recall the goof with the memorable phrase, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!" Was that an implicit threat to all of us? This "cap
and trade" nonsense, all the rage amongst our thinkers and politicos, will cost much, much more than petty schemes of OPEC (and I am reluctant to believe
the latter ever contrived much of long running price changes, anyway)...

.................Vern...............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: