BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'A TWA 4106'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: 'A TWA 4106' Reply with quote

A photo elsewhere on this page, which focuses on the image of Carey Transportation PD 4106 # 701, also shows another interesting coach to the left end of the frame (shown below).

The bus is also a GM PD 4106 and is in Greyhound livery with the familiar 'TWA' logo within a red band under the belt line.

I am uncertain as to exactly how TWA came upon this bus except to say that Greyhound had already owned Carey when the photo was taken , and it is probable that TWA either bought the bus from Greyhound directly or leased it through Carey.

This bus, and any others that carried the TWA logo, did not carry customers and was marked as an 'emplyee shuttle only'.

When I worked summers for Green Line and did the airport runs on Q10, I remember that TWA was using Superior bodied school buses with Ford chassis and were painted kitchen white with only the red TWA logo on each side.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Mr RT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most airline shuttle bues were of the school bus variety.
I worked at Pan Am at JFK for 15 years & that is what they had.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr RT,

I think that the only time they might have used these buses for customers might have been if there was a prolonged delay due to equipment problems in which event they may have shuttled customers to the perimeter hotels for overnight stays.

I do remember the Pan Am shuttles as well - I think all the major airlines had such buses.

Mr. 'L'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: