BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from Looavull

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Looavull Reply with quote

I've been lurking on this site for a while, and have posted a few photos, but I probably should introduce myself:

I do all of the scheduling at the Transit Authority of River City in Louisville, KY. I grew up here, got hired by Louisville Transit Company in 1973 and stayed through the first three years of public ownership.

In late 1977 I went up to Cincinnati to work for Queen City Metro. I spent most of those years as a driver, although I did some dispatch work as a clerk, some road supervision and ended up scheduling for their Bond Hill Division.

In the meantime, I worked as a part-time dispatcher for the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky across the river, and ended up driving there part-time until 2008.

In 1996 I was offered the scheduling job back in Louisville, and knowing that service design was non existent there, I took the challenge and moved back to Louisville.

As the TARC timecruncher, I do all fixed-route scheduling and runcutting for a 240-bus 400+ driver operation. Gotta love the work to do it this long, and back in December 2008 I celebrated (yeah, I think that's the right word...) 35 years in the transit biz.

I also visit the former AMCAP site, the Canadian Transit Board and Trainorders.com frequently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: