BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[CT] CT Transit fleet update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:

Wow!!! These buses will surely stand out. Smart Ct Transit. Smart. So this surely pushes the Hartford fleet to almost 300. So quick question. ¿Who get what buses? ¿I know NBT or Datto will run the CCSU shuttle, but don't tell me NBT or Dattco is getting 60 footers? ¿Also, when are the buses coming in for New Haven and Stamford? Need to plan a trip.

My understanding is that most of the Fastrak buses will be based in Hartford. This will push their facility to the limit and some equipment may have to be stored outside.

Have not heard anything on New Haven or Stamford orders yet.

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:
thehartfordboy wrote:

Wow!!! These buses will surely stand out. Smart Ct Transit. Smart. So this surely pushes the Hartford fleet to almost 300. So quick question. ¿Who get what buses? ¿I know NBT or Datto will run the CCSU shuttle, but don't tell me NBT or Dattco is getting 60 footers? ¿Also, when are the buses coming in for New Haven and Stamford? Need to plan a trip.

My understanding is that most of the Fastrak buses will be based in Hartford. This will push their facility to the limit and some equipment may have to be stored outside.

Have not heard anything on New Haven or Stamford orders yet.

Bill

Hmm can this be where HNS n the state think about another garage? Also 1101 got a new paint job. Thank for the shot Eddie.

https://www.facebook.com/eddie.rosado.98/posts/785209161507285:0
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First re-branded Fastrak bus introduced:

WSFB 3 Connecticut - Fastrak bus makes first appearance Friday

WFSB photo:

I like the scheme.

Jim D.
Bill D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:

I like the scheme.

Jim D.

I'm not sold on it yet, but maybe I'll reserve judgement until I see the Xcelsior and Gillig buses in this scheme.

Bill
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad that it's not blue. I think it's better for a special service color scheme to be immediately distinctive. Albany's CDTA took a similar tact - they also have dark blue as their primary scheme, but went with silver and bright red for their 'BusPlus' BRT service.
amorek13

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumor has it that part of extra employee parking lot will be build up to store the artics, since there is at least 10 buses sitting outside everynigth
amorek13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New 35 footer are being delivered to hfd, 1401 +, looks like new haven (203)
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:

WSFB 3 Connecticut - Fastrak bus makes first appearance Friday

WFSB photo:

I like the scheme.

Jim D.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Conn-Bridge-Closed-Due-to-Bus-Fire-275928521.html

Poor thing burnt on the Founders Bridge this morning. Darn.
Bill D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stamford is in the process of placing new XDE40's in service, replacing the 2001 D40LF's. Some of the 2001 buses are now running in New Haven, and it looks as if the long run of the 1996 Classics is quickly coming to an end. Here are some pictures taken Friday. I observed only one of the Classics on the road.

Bill

Stamford

New Haven

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/billonthehill2001/sets/72157647871055841/
RailBus63

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Bill. Any idea how many new Xcelsiors are coming in for the regular CT Transit services?

Jim
Bill D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
Nice shots Bill. Any idea how many new Xcelsiors are coming in for the regular CT Transit services?

Jim

Thanks Jim!

I haven't been able to confirm how many Xcelsiors are coming in this year, but the original procurement called for 36 "like replacements" of 40' buses during this year. That would seem to indicate all of the 100 series, including Stamford, as well as the units leased to HART and Norwalk Transit District for the Coastal Link and Route 7 Link. If I can confirm this I will post it.

Bill
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on one of the Bus Lounge facebook page posted that the end of the Classics was coming soon, and that 9622 was essentially the last Classic left. It bothers me that I've had now a couple of years, with knowledge of their existence, to visit New Haven and catch those Classics, and now they're almost gone. I'll be heading there early Monday to catch that Classic. Is there anything else I should be taking note of?
Bill D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GojiMet86 wrote:
Someone on one of the Bus Lounge facebook page posted that the end of the Classics was coming soon, and that 9622 was essentially the last Classic left. It bothers me that I've had now a couple of years, with knowledge of their existence, to visit New Haven and catch those Classics, and now they're almost gone. I'll be heading there early Monday to catch that Classic. Is there anything else I should be taking note of?

I was told that 9616 (which is painted green for the Union Station shuttle) was seen in service this past week. But this bus is most likely only used when the regular bus (1204) is in the shop.

Bill
djmarco12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help me change the format and update the CT Transit fleet roster on Wikipedia. i have attached a link below to the page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Transit
GojiMet86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend and I went up on 9/29 and the stupidest thing happened. As soon as we there, we decided to use the restroom at Starbucks. The moment we came out, the Classic was already on Church heading upwards. And when we went back on the 10/1, it was already retired by a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: