BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drunken Teenager Falls out of Chartered Prevost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Drunken Teenager Falls out of Chartered Prevost Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it here and if the webmaster chooses, he can move it to an appropriate forum.

Here's the link to the Newsday story

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-libus0317,0,824136.story

I live about 6 miles from their yard which is on Jericho Turnpike. The company started as a limo company with towncars and stretches. They had one or two party buses and let people store their private coaches on the property.

Now when you pass by there are many Prevost's there, almost no stretches and no private coaches.

How they allow a bunch of teenagers on the that bus without chaperones is unfathomable. If this was a tour operator and not an individual, the NYS "Peterson" Law demands at least 3 adult chaperones.

While you can't carry liquor onto the bus, since no one is frisked, who knows what was in the kids pockets.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Drunk Teenager falling from Chartered Prevost Reply with quote

Could it have been the result of a fraternity's hazing practices? Some high schools have them, too, just like the colleges and just as notorious for the hazing.It seems that, since the driver was in charge of the bus, he should have had the final say as to whether to allow these kids aboard or not. Recently, SUNY Geneseo had a student die from excessive drinking due to a hazing incident off campus. One good rule for these party buses to have would be a prohibition on alcohol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a charter to the LI wineries some time ago, not only did they bring cases of wine on board but they loaded up the underloaders with the stuff.

Afraid of trashing my bus or worse, I called the dispatcher and asked if Shortline allows drinking on their buses for charter and the answer I got was, " well, they hired the bus" and with the proverbial wink and a nod he suggested I don't forget the tips.

The group's average age was about 22. As luck would have it, it was one of the best charters I have ever had.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow-up to the story, Newsday reports that the driver has been arrested since he permitted the beer to be consumed on his bus. There are (supposedly) witnesses that saw him asking for help to get rid of the beer and alcoohol before the cops arrived. He will definitely be charged with tampering with evidence.

Also the 24 year old who served most of the liqour and is on the loose, with the police fearing that he has fled back to his native Central/South American country
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: