BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight 3407, Tragedy at Buffalo,NY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Flight 3407 Example of Corporate Greed At Work Reply with quote

After partaking of the NTSB hearings televised, it seems to me that the aftermath of Flight 3407 is one more example of CORPORATE GREED at work with its attendant corner cutting to the point of playing Russian Roulette with people's lives, only 49 people aboard that flight and one on the ground turned out to be losers, thanks in part to an incompetent cockpit crew that was fatigued to the point of making mistakes that amounted to a comedy of errors, only this time no one is laughing. Continental Airlines used to be a respectable carrier highly regarded in the airline industry until Frank Lorenzo got his slimy hands on that carrier and several others under the name of Texas Air. This once fine carrier as exemplified by the Buffalo,NY tragedy has become little more than a cesspool of corruption if not incompetency. By the corner cutting, I refer to substituting these turboprop planes that have demonstrated less capability of handling icing conditions than the jets pulled off the Buffalo-Newark run, the very type of runs the 737, DC9, and BAC 1-11 were designed for. I still believe these turbo props have no business being operated in the Northeast during the winter months where icing conditions are likely to occur. And as for the pilots, the quality of pilots has declined markably since the military source of pilots, once relied on by the airlines has all but dried up. It seems like the airlines only care about having warm bodies in the cockpit, whether or not they are competent in the air craft they are to operate. Even to this day, a man, or a woman, can fly as many as four different aircraft in the same day and be legal. If that ain't Russian Roulette, I am not sure what is. Enough blood has been spilled already. Unless this nonsense is stopped the next blood to be spilled should be that of the CEO as far as I am concerned, since the more I find out about this accident, the more my blood is beginning to boil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Flight 3407 Revelation of Questionable Pilot Training Reply with quote

Latest on the Flight 3407 tragedy has been revelations about the training and background of the two pilots involved and the poor pay they earned in relation to the responsibility they had. That the First Officer had to deadhead cross country to get to her home base of Newark seems inexcusable. As to the Captain, numerous red flags were raised about him that ought to supply plenty of ammunition to the lawyers handling the lawsuits that are beginning to come out of this accident. It seems to me that deregulation of the airline industry has become what essentially amounts to a license to kill. If that is the case, then God help anyone who steps aboard one of these flying death traps known as commuter aircraft.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim -

You're going to be distressed about the latest Colgan Air news, as pertinent to this thread. This from The Buffalo News, and dated yesterday...

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/692184.html

...................Vern.................
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim -

Trust you are following latest in Flight 3407?

http://www.buffalonews.com/180/story/704654.html

F A A report on late nite TV News. The issues very much on point with comments you have made much earlier...

...................Vern..............
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Flight 3407 Coverup Reply with quote

After reading that story, it smells a hell of a lot like coverup on the part of the FAA. I would like to see how the FAA would like it if their top people all got killed in a similar crash. What goes around comes around and this bunch of derelict bastards certainly deserves it.
HwyHaulier wrote:
Jim -

You're going to be distressed about the latest Colgan Air news, as pertinent to this thread. This from The Buffalo News, and dated yesterday...

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/692184.html

...................Vern.................
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Afterrmath of Flight 3407 A Single Set of Rules for EVERYone Reply with quote

It seems to me that the best thing to come out of the needless tragedy of Flight 3407 is that there will be a SINGLE SET OF RULES for ALL airlines, both trunkline carriers and the commuters and I think it is about damned time too. If that airplane had come down over Eastern Hills Mall, just off of Transit Road, it would most assuredly had killed a hell of alot more people than it did due to the hundreds of people who would be at the mall at the time the thing hit. Afterall that complex sits right under the flight path to the main runway from the east and I have watched planes in that area many a time and they are pretty low by the time they pass over the Eastern Hills Mall. Virtually no time to deal with any control problems that may develop this close to the ground. While most inbound flights to Buffalo Niagara International pass over the Eastern Hills Mall on the north side of Main Street, there are a few inbound flights that pass over Transitown Mall, which sits directly across Main Street from Eastern Hills Mall and they make a turn into the glideslope to line up with the runway. These usually come in from the south and southeast. So, you have two large shopping malls located under two flight paths to the Buffalo Airport, either of which could get creamed by a falling airplane, particularly a large one. All the more reason for one set of rules for both trunklines and commuters and ONE SET OF SAFETY STANDARDS FOR ALL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: