BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Wish I, II and III

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Death Wish I, II and III Reply with quote

The cable channel AMC was running a marathon of these movies yesterday. Although I didn't sit through all of them, I did see bits and pieces of 2 & 3 this time and have seen 1 many times.

DW1 - Takes place in NYC and most famously on the 8th Avenue Local. I would lthink that there would be buses in the film, but I'll watch more closely when I next see it.

DW2 - Takes place in Los Angeles. There is several scenes with an SCRTD fishbowl. The bus looked sharp since the movie was made around 1982 and the bus is brand new and shiny.

DW3 - Supposedly takes place in the East New York Section of Brooklyn. To paraphrase Al Pacino in the Godfather movies "You think you can fool a New Yorker"? Here's why. The opening scene shows Charles Bronson riding on a Trailways Eagle (with the Go Big Red across the back). I think it was filmed on the road that goes from the NJ Turnpike to the Holland Tunnel. That means that he is approaching NYC from the west, since DW-2 was in LA. The next shot is that of the bus on the upper level of the Queensborough Bridge with the UN to the left. Now he's appproaching from the east ???????

Also the exterior shots of East New York were strictly studio lots. When some firemen come to extinguish the blaze, they are riding in a 1950's International Harvester truck. FDNY never used such small trucks and usually 4-5 trucks respond. It was probably a studio firetruck.
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus -

Oh, for sure! DW3 gets a whole bunch of extra credit points for the cameo role of a real, that's how it was, Trailways Eagle! Man, oh, man, I sure
miss them! It's a historic fact, there were many, many more of them (five or six to one, AFAIK) compared with the legendary Scenicruiser...

...................Vern............
BigLarry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Death Wish 3 Reply with quote

Aside from having the world's worst acting and the most horribly stereotyped characters in the history of B movies, the set for "East New York" was so unrealistic that anyone who has ever been to Brooklyn could recognize it as fake. That set looked about as much like East New York as the 1950s tin Japanese toy buses looked like Scenicruisers.

Not to mention the fact that in that movie, Charles Bronson was the only man who hit his target when he fired. All the other punks missed when they shot at him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: