BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JBL Bus # 3001

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: JBL Bus # 3001 Reply with quote

I came across an evelope of old pictures I had taken. Several of them were
of JBL 3001 taken in November of 1999 at the depot. This was was parked in
the southeatern corner of their south lot. I was told that it was a special events bus owned by the Cooper Family and not JBL itself.

The bus was a T8H 5308 A and was either serial 007 or 008 originally deliverd to Rex Bus Lines of NJ as # 142 and #146.

Anyone know what happened to this bus, since it is not in the MTAB Museum Fleet.
Mr. Triplex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBL 3001 (ex - Command - Pioneer - Rex)was sitting out at the original Varsity / Pioneer / Command lot along with Ex-Green lines converted ex-slope back RTS 1012 last I saw it. It is still owned by the Cooper family.
MarkW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have heard, that bus was donated to a museum over the summer. Possibly the museum in Hershey, PA.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at a loss trying to figure out why the 'Cooper' family would want to keep any of the buses at all!

I'm sure that Jerry, who, if he is not already eighty, is fast approaching it, has many more important things on his mind like collecting all the depot rents each month.

And, I don't think the children or grand children of either Jerry or Burton have any such interests.

In fact, back in 1985 when Mr. 'C' (the big boss) suggested placing the number 10,001 on RTS # 221 representing the fact that it was the 10,000 and first RTS to come off the line, he was accused of being too sentimental.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: