BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Located a Buffalo Transit Company schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Located a Buffalo Transit Company schedule Reply with quote

While fishing around on eBay today, I found a 1958 Buffalo Transit Company schedule for their Abbott Road route, which would be Route A under their designator system. This route was part of BTC's Lakeshore Division as were its routes to East Aurora, Orchard Park, Springville, Lackawanna. The Broadway Division took in the route and branches out Broadway as far east as Alden and those routes serving Sloan. The Williamsville Division, which had a separate garage in Williamsville covered the Main Street and Kensington Avenue routes and their branches. I am hoping more Buffalo Transit Company AND Niagara Frontier Transit System schedules surface. Anyone who has any they want to part with please contact me at rangerjim@localnet.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. J.,

Can't help you with bus schedules (yet) but I did come up with a nice picture of a Buffalo Transit 30 foot Orion.

Hope you can use it.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica NY

Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: NFTA Orion Bus Reply with quote

This particular Orion 30 footer is one of several that were originally assigned to Niagara Falls for service on the routes there. In addition, NFTA had several single door suburban Orions, as well as the conventional transit versions of this bus of the standard 35-40 foot length. I have ridden at least one example of each. Really nice bus. The way an Orion bus SHOULD look, at least from my viewpoint.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. J.,

Here's another one for you to explain away!

I understand that it's from the Canadian side.

It's some beautiful bus!

Courtesy of Jim Husing (NorCal).

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Niagara Transit Bus No.27 Reply with quote

Tne Niagara Transit Bus No.27 was used in Niagara Falls, Ontario and I believe it was one of the last 'fishbowls' still in service before it was sold to a private owner. I rode some of the 5304s they had during the 1970s while visiting that side of the Niagara River. At that time they had four digit fleet numbers, such as 7500s, 7600s, to name a couple examples. Evidently they did not have the trouble with that large rear window cracking as was so prevailant in the US as all retained their three piece rear windows right to the end. Welland's had split windows and most were air conditioned.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Booklet on NFTA System is now Available Reply with quote

I have just put together a new booklet on the NFTA and the story begins when the Buffalo Transit Company was bought by Niagara Frontier Transit System,Inc. and merged into the NFT system by 1965. It is packed with brief histories on the component companies, fleet rosters, timetables, all of which make for a nice wealth of information in such small place. Anyone interested please e-mail me at rangerjim@localnet.com, contact me through private message, or both. Thank you.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Buffalo Bus Photp Reply with quote

Do you have a jpeg version of this picture so I can use it in a book? If so, please contact me via PM or rangerjim@localnet.com. Thank you very much.
Mr. Linsky wrote:
D. J.,

Can't help you with bus schedules (yet) but I did come up with a nice picture of a Buffalo Transit 30 foot Orion.

Hope you can use it.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: