BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RBA is on the way
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d.marra wrote:
I heard last week from a MTA official that the MTA takeover plans include taking over Suffolk Transportation as they are in the same union TWU-Local 252 as Long Island Bus.
I did not want to tell this yutz to keep dreaming, as he is full of it. The Long Island Nassau & Suffolk systems are not the same as NY City, No Way, No How!!
MTA wants to run the transit buses, but wants no part of school operations.
That leaves the MTA with all of Suffolk Countys buses, and no place to store, service and repair them. The private SCHOOL BUS operators own most or all of their depots.
Does anyone know of any huge properties where MTA could build new depots?? IF they do happen to find space, it will cost the TAX Payers millions. Then there is the well known "NIMBY" factor which will prevent the MTA from building a two car garage.
Film at Eleven, like 3011!!

Daniel, aka Mr. Schenck

Suffolk Transportation is the parent company of Suffolk Bus Corp which runs bus routes for Suffolk County.

i think u mean Suffolk Transit.

the TWU-Local 252 only represents Suffolk Transportation (School buses) and Suffolk Bus Corp(Transit), no other companies that run Suffolk Transit routes are represented by them. i checked their website.

they do represent Long Island Bus, as well as Laidlaw/First Student (which ever one you want to call it), as well as another small School Bus Company.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
d.marra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 & Railbus;
Thanks for the additional input re MTA's idea of taking over Suffolks Bus System. Again I agree with you 100%. It is Not going to happen!!

Daniel / Mr. Schenck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: