BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedestrian crossing forbidden in Pennsylvania

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Pedestrian crossing forbidden in Pennsylvania Reply with quote

Along many highways in suburban Pennsylvania I have come across the ridiculous "No pedestrian crossing" signs as depicted in the photo below. Usually, there are eight such signs at an intersection with signals and without sidewalks or crosswalks. This photo is along U.S. 202 (Wilmington Pike) south of West Chester, Delaware Co., Pennsylvania. I have looked at the Pedestrian Laws on the State of Pennsylvania driver website and found no help. What is the rider of Bus Route 306 supposed to do here? Must he or she grab an umbrella and fly like Mary Poppins? Joe McMahon
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there both near-side and far-side bus stops? That would solve the problem. Or, if there's only a near-side stop and you want to be on the far side of the intersection, get off at the next stop and walk back.

For the return trip, simply ride the bus to the end of the line and back.

Smile
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, I'd just cross it anyway... so long as i dont get caught...
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Pedestrian Crossings Reply with quote

The Don of All Buses wrote:
nah, I'd just cross it anyway... so long as i dont get caught...
I would take the short cut, especially if I had to catch a bus in the opposite direction right away and am on a line where the service is not all that frequent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: