BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paradise Travel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Paradise Travel Reply with quote

This company was mentioned in a previous thread about Harran. Late Friday afternoon I got a chance to go to Lauman Lane in Bethpage to visit the premiises. It is across Rte's 106/107 from the old Grumman property. It is driectly across from Slomin's Oil .

The company operates out, what seems to be an old factory / truck repair faciility.

On premises were 2 1999 Prevost LeMirages. They were all white, except for the silver flutiing, with no name on them. At the bottom of each bus, was "Paradise Travels" and the ICC i#'s.

I was told that the two buses were just acquired from a Company in Connecticut, although the mechanic didn't know the name.

Bus # 1 - Carried Fleet # 5501 - NY License Plate 16125 - PA and the word "APPORTIONMENT" at the bottom , where Bus, Taxi, etc would go.

Bus # 2 - Carried Fleet # 5504 - NY PLate 16126-PA and APPORTIONMENT.

I was told that they have about 15 buses in the fleet and that they were all out on the road.

What is strange is that the sign to the office reads "Paradise Trailways" and not Paradise Tours. Also the mechanic's uniform said Trailways. He is a refugee from Harran. I asked if he knew a driver a certain driver there, who passed away, he did. That gave me some crediblity with him and got some info out of him.

If I learn more I'll post it
asdfasdf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradise Trailways was pretty "rough" company until recently. I've seen their buses running with parts hanging off the back. Maybe, Trailways said, "Have a nice day, Goodbye"?

I'm not sure of the origin of the two buses you listed, but they have a Prevost numbered 5503 (plus another), which are originally DeCamp Bus Lines from New Jersey. All three could be ex-DeCamp via whomever.

Bob K
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this bus operating for Paradise back in April of 2007.

asdfasdf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one is easy:

Originally, Coach USA/Olympia Trails 204; to CUSA/Cape Transit 10204.
102EL3 built 1999.

Bob K
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by the yard yesterday, but they were not as welcoming as before. I wasn't allowed to stroll around the property, but as a high school shop teacher said "you can't be prosecuted for what you steal with your eyes".

What I saw on the lot was a 102 E3 with the paradise livery and fleet 001. Another E-3 behind it but couldn't see the number. In a back corner was an MCI -12 with a 55xx number and a Trailways logo (globe with T name through it) on the back window panel, not looking in the best of condition.
In the other corner another MCI 9 or 12 with the paradise name plate under the window but I couldn't see a number. Also in the shop on the lift was a 55xx Prevost, but I don't dare go where my (magnificent Smile presence isn't desired.
metrolinecoach111

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradise recently joined the Trailways organization (either 2005 or 2006), through the demise of Harran, they and several other operators such as MCIZ/Video Tours, Classic Transportation, and Inter-County have benefited by expanding line-run operations from LI and Western Queens to Atlantic City. In addition, they operate a daily line-run from the Island to Empire City in Yonkers. There charter business is small, but the Trailways name has helped them a lot.
asdfasdf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Metrolinecoach111; Inter-County Motor Coach has been out of the charter business for a couple years now. ICMC only does local transit for Suffolk County and has a travel agency. All over-the-road buses have been sold off.

Bob K
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metrolinecoach111 wrote:
Paradise recently joined the Trailways organization (either 2005 or 2006), through the demise of Harran, they and several other operators such as MCIZ/Video Tours, Classic Transportation, and Inter-County have benefited by expanding line-run operations from LI and Western Queens to Atlantic City. In addition, they operate a daily line-run from the Island to Empire City in Yonkers. There charter business is small, but the Trailways name has helped them a lot.

MCIZ is still in business, however they no longer use the name Video Tours.
metrolinecoach111

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are out of the charter business then who operates the Atlantic City and Mohegan Sun line runs from Nassau and Suffolk under the Inter-County name - are they just the agent carrier - they still have schedules listed under their operating entity: www.gointercounty.com?

MCIZ is United Bus LLC as the operating entities of NYAS and City Sights, are there any other operating names that they use?
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metrolinecoach111 wrote:
If they are out of the charter business then who operates the Atlantic City and Mohegan Sun line runs from Nassau and Suffolk under the Inter-County name - are they just the agent carrier - they still have schedules listed under their operating entity: www.gointercounty.com?

MCIZ is United Bus LLC as the operating entities of NYAS and City Sights, are there any other operating names that they use?

They also use the name Private Transportation.
asdfasdf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good question. I don't know who shows up at the door.

I do know that two small companies (KRYSTAL TOURS & TRANSPORTATION and GROUND TRANSAMERICA) have addresses next door to the ICMC offices and park their buses in the ICMC yard. They run a collection of ex-Harran and ex-Academy Prevosts. If we assume...........

Bob K
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrbob wrote:
That is a good question. I don't know who shows up at the door.

I do know that two small companies (KRYSTAL TOURS & TRANSPORTATION and GROUND TRANSAMERICA) have addresses next door to the ICMC offices and park their buses in the ICMC yard. They run a collection of ex-Harran and ex-Academy Prevosts. If we assume...........

Bob K

If you check my post on 9/2/08 under the topic "Ex-Harran Prevost 824 spotted" you'll see that Harran 824 is now Ground America 824 and the Krystal Tours ex-Academy 577 is now KT 577.

Happy New Year to All.
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you can grab some pictures of the yard...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: