BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harran Prevost 824 is still around
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: A Walk in Babylon Village Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
It was such a beautiful day yesterday that my wife and I decided to take a ride to Babylon Villlage. We first looked at the boats down on the docks and then came north. We parked the car and strolled through the commercial part of the village.

While stopping at Argyle (sp?) Park on Montauk Highway a NYCTA introduced himself since I was wearing the Jackie Gleason Depot had that I have. He works out of Ulmer Park. Told him to Google it to prove my point that Ulmer Park was the name of a long ago amusement park operated by a trolley company.

We then walked up Deer Park Avenue. I walked behind the offices of ICMC and saw the following:

1 - The Krystal Tours ex-Academy Bus was there. It was still numbered as 577, given to it by Academy. There was a KT airporter van parked there also.

2 - Many Suffolk Transit buses were parked there. They are parked so close together, I didn't entertain the idea of going up and down each row to get numbers. However the two oldest buses there was 9633 and 9641, both in the current livery

ICMC's oldest buses are 9600 and 9601 (9601 was a ex-CBS Lines, and possibly Sunrise) last i checked, and 9600 is in the current livery, last time i saw 9601 it was still in the old livery. but they are normal out on the S27 or S54 i think.

they have 36 buses listed to them and from what i heard, they have a smaller yard then CBS Lines
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: No more Harran Yard in West Babylon Reply with quote

Tuesday afternoon, I swung by the old yard at 30 Mahan Street. The property is now owned or leased to Penske Truck Rental. I did not get out of my car, but all that was visible was a yard full of yellow trucks for rent. The signs for entrances and exits are all yellow. There seemingly were no vestiiges of Harran visible.

I then proceeded down Edison Avenue to go N/B on Wellwood. I made a right at Patton Ave and glanced into the Commerical Drivers Training (CDT)'s
yard. I saw an ex-NJT MCI . It had that special roof cap. Saw a few school buses and mostly trucks. It's a dusty unpaved yard and I didn't want to go in for fear of soiling my clothes.

As far as ICMC's yard is concerned it appears to be the back of two different builidings on DPA. All the ST buses were crammed into the south part of the lot and only the Krystal Tours OTR was on the north lot. Don't know the reason for this strange arrangement since ICMC no longer has OTR coaches.

Don't know how the size compares to CBS lines yard since I've never seen it.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: No more Harran Yard in West Babylon Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Tuesday afternoon, I swung by the old yard at 30 Mahan Street. The property is now owned or leased to Penske Truck Rental. I did not get out of my car, but all that was visible was a yard full of yellow trucks for rent. The signs for entrances and exits are all yellow. There seemingly were no vestiiges of Harran visible.

I then proceeded down Edison Avenue to go N/B on Wellwood. I made a right at Patton Ave and glanced into the Commerical Drivers Training (CDT)'s
yard. I saw an ex-NJT MCI . It had that special roof cap. Saw a few school buses and mostly trucks. It's a dusty unpaved yard and I didn't want to go in for fear of soiling my clothes.

As far as ICMC's yard is concerned it appears to be the back of two different builidings on DPA. All the ST buses were crammed into the south part of the lot and only the Krystal Tours OTR was on the north lot. Don't know the reason for this strange arrangement since ICMC no longer has OTR coaches.

Don't know how the size compares to CBS lines yard since I've never seen it.

CBS's yard is an old school bus yard that is bigger, but not big enough to fit those 20xx Surburbans and the buses they use on the S56,S58,S60,S62,S71and S76.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PreferPrevost12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it matters, I'm sitting in Ex-Harran 745 broke down on the AC expressway. It's now 9148 GoBuses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: