BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Las Cruces, NM - RoadRUNNER Transit sees drop in ridership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DE60LF

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Las Cruces, NM - RoadRUNNER Transit sees drop in ridership Reply with quote

http://www.lcsun-news.com/pulse/ci_10161139

The routes have been restrucutred. Even with high gas prices, they see a drop in ridership. They are now proposing a fare increase, which I don't think will help at all with ridership.

Here in Albuquerque, it is the exact opposite, where ridership is at an all-time high. ABQ RIDE will start charging 25 cents for transfers starting in September, however, I don't think that will significantly hurt ridership, as more people will start buying passes. ABQ RIDE will soon be installing point-of-sale kiosks where people can buy passes.

I personally think that RoadRUNNER Transit's main flaw is lack of advertising. They need to spend more money into advertising like ABQ RIDE is doing.

I notice that some are suggesting using smaller buses. I personally think instead of smaller buses, RoadRUNNER Transit should go the diesel-electric hybrid route, perhaps with the New Flyer DE40LFR (or DE35LFR) or the Gillig BRT Hybrid.
Tcmetro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of buses does RoadRUNNER have?
DE60LF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tcmetro wrote:
What kind of buses does RoadRUNNER have?

Their main fleet consists of three Nova RTS (2000 model year) buses and eight Gillig Advantage (2004 model year) buses. All of their main fleet is wheelchair accessible.

However, they also operate a backup fleet of three Orion I (1986 model year) and two TMC RTS (1989 model year) buses, which are not wheelchair accessible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: