BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'I'M BACK WITH GREEN LINE AGAIN'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: 'I'M BACK WITH GREEN LINE AGAIN' Reply with quote

Thanks to my friend HartBus I finally came up a winner on ebay with a small piece of Green Bus Lines history in the form of the original company arm patch (pictured below).

The little bus depicted in the background is generic but obviously has its roots in the 1930's.

I personally wore them when I worked for the company in the late fifties and early sixties (and if I knew then what I know now, I would have taken a whole box of them!).

By the way; this was no coup because I was the only one to bid on it.

Now I have to figure out what piece of clothing to wear it with (that my wife won't see!).

Thanks again to HartBus for the heads up.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are quite welcome. As I have told you privately, it is heartwarming to know that a piece of history will be cherished and loving preserved by someone who cares about it.

Although I don't collect patches, I figured after all the GBL and bus history you have informed us about, its the least I could do for a friend.
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECA,

Thanks so much - what you have said is very meaningful to me, and will be remembered.

WCA
Cyberider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, Mr. Linsky! Always nice to come across a part of your past that you thought was gone forever.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Piece of Green Line History Reply with quote

Nice going, Mr. L. Nice to see a piece of that company's history preserved. Did any printed schedules of Green Line, if any get saved as well?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. J.,

I don't remember any printed schedules (other than within our assignments) in my time but I did come across the following piece of memorabilia which is pretty interesting;

Mr. 'L'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: