BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Model Bus Collecting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackbuses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Model Bus Collecting Reply with quote

I have been a collector of model buses since I was a kid, and that was many years ago. I also custom paint model buses.

This is my model bus collection. www.mackbuses.net enjoy.javascript:emoticon('Wink')

Good to be back
Dave
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave my friend: Congratulations on your return to this board. May it be long and fruitful for all of us.

I have regarded you as one of the masters of this professional along with Bob Garret.

Somewhere in this computer I have some pictures from our meeting at the Gathering of Buses in August 2002 at Double A. One of them shows you standing next to A-340 before its "acting debut" in the movie "Munich.

I look forward to many more posts from you.

Hart Bus (a/k/a Alan Aron)
Greenlawn, NY
sjd0356

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some nice looking model buses!!
mackbuses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Well thanks for those kind words Alan. Geez, one day I went to read some posts in Bus talk and it was gone. I'm glad to see it's back. Did you make it down to the Spring Fling this past week? Sorry to say I didn't go this year. My son graduated from high school this year, and this all took place the same day as the" Spring Fling" in Hershey. Maybe next year. I'm working on a new project along with a good friend of mine. An O scale resin cast model of a Flxible VL-100. Well.... That's about it for new news on my end.

Be Safe
Dave

Hart Bus wrote:
Dave my friend: Congratulations on your return to this board. May it be long and fruitful for all of us.

I have regarded you as one of the masters of this professional along with Bob Garret.

Somewhere in this computer I have some pictures from our meeting at the Gathering of Buses in August 2002 at Double A. One of them shows you standing next to A-340 before its "acting debut" in the movie "Munich.

I look forward to many more posts from you.

Hart Bus (a/k/a Alan Aron)
Greenlawn, NY
[img][/img][url][/url][img][/img]
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Miniature GM Fishbowls Reply with quote

This morning, while stopping at Rite Aid to get some floppy diskettes, I noticed several different model GM 'fishbowls in the Collectibles display in my Rite Aid Store. One was decked out in New York Bus Service colors, one was decked out in Greyhound's 1960's livery, and I forgot what the other one was. The detailing on these models is reasonably accurate. The Greyhound unit has the rear exit door as some of their "new looks" came with. Same for the New York Bus Service "fishie", though I do not recall any of NYBS's 'fishies' as having the rear exit door as most of that type of buses they had were of the suburban configuration. These might be a good way to complement a timetable collection such as mine, along with that Vermont Transit MC9 bankbus I have on my bookshelf.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
buslist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: NICE! Reply with quote

Beautiful stuff
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackbuses,

Glad to see you back in the fold - it's been over four years!

I visit your site on an almost regular basis just to see the marvelous work you do with your models - I wish I had your talent.

I do have one question that you may be able to clear up for me concerning the first Flxible Clippers purchased by Carey Transportation of New York.

You show (as can be seen in upper frame below) a very early Clipper (perhaps 1940 or 41) featuring the first slanted passenger windows and the roof air scoop for the engine as well as an unusual combination of three front bumpers.

My problem is that all the records and my own recollections of the company and its operations preclude this as being a Carey model with the first of which presumed to be the 1948 vintage as seen in the lower image.

Now, this does not mean that Carey's first full sized buses were not as you depict - they may have been purchased used which would not show up in production records.

I assume that your product was the result of careful study of more than one original photograph and, if so, I was wondering whether you might share a copy of one of them with us - it would certainly help to clear up a mystery!

Thanks so much.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

mackbuses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky,

Your correct Carey transportation never had any of the older three bumper flx's. In fact I'm 63 and I only remember seeing the 4104's and 4106's. So this is my story and I'm sticking to it. This model I painted was a resin casting a friend of mine made from a old Realistic toy Flxible made sometime in the 50's. He did two of them for me, one I painted a Penn Greyhound. Now you have to remember all this was done before the Corgi came out with the little 29BR Flxible model. I got the idea of doing the old Flx in Carey livery when I was doing a few 4104's for a model train show. That's it... The fleet number and color is the only thing that's really correct. If I had to do one again, I would use a Corgi model, this would be 100% correct...

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> The Bus Modeler All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: