BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Millennium Transit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Transit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Millennium Transit Reply with quote

There's a news story posted on the Roswell Daily Record newspaper website today, that MTS has laid off 75% of it's workforce. MTS had no comment about this, but an official from Chaves County said he believed that the layoffs were only temporary, and the plant would not close. He also stated that MTS has an ongoing contract and fiscal obligations.
DE60LF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Millennium Transit Reply with quote

Mr. Transit wrote:
There's a news story posted on the Roswell Daily Record newspaper website today, that MTS has laid off 75% of it's workforce. MTS had no comment about this, but an official from Chaves County said he believed that the layoffs were only temporary, and the plant would not close. He also stated that MTS has an ongoing contract and fiscal obligations.

I wonder who is the contract with. I know that in addition to NJT, they had contracts with Beaumont Municipal Transit and Santa Fe Trails. Both TAs have cancelled their contracts with Millennium.

Santa Fe Trails has decided to go with ElDorado to replace their Blue Birds:
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee80/ztonyg/March%2031/?action=view&current=IMG_0777.jpg
Mr. Transit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody posted on another website Thursday, that MTS has a contract with some bus operator in Honduras for 60 to 90 RTS buses, with an option for up to 300. Also, that 23 of their buses(2006 models) are under a recall by by the NHTSA for a steering gear box problem.
RTS_04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Transit wrote:
Somebody posted on another website Thursday, that MTS has a contract with some bus operator in Honduras for 60 to 90 RTS buses, with an option for up to 300. Also, that 23 of their buses(2006 models) are under a recall by by the NHTSA for a steering gear box problem.

That was me. Information came from the maintenance super at Pueblo, Colo. who had recently spoken to the director of engineering at Millennium.

He's (the super, that is) pretty knowledgeable and reliable for information, but we'll see if MTS is this time around...
NovaRTS-06 #9101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTS_04 wrote:
Mr. Transit wrote:

That was me. Information came from the maintenance super at Pueblo, Colo. who had recently spoken to the director of engineering at Millennium.

He's (the super, that is) pretty knowledgeable and reliable for information, but we'll see if MTS is this time around...

I hope they get on there Feet i would love to see the RTS take back its Crown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: