BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intercity Bus Lines Known to Still Issue timetables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Intercity Bus Lines Known to Still Issue timetables Reply with quote

The following is a listing of bus lines (over the road) known to still issue timetables to the public:
1.Concord Coach Lines
2.C&J
3.Plymouth and Brockton
4.Peter Pan
5.Adirondack Trailways
6.New York Trailways
7.Hudson Transit Lines (Shortline)
8.Martz Lines
9.Trans Bridge Lines
10.Bieber Tourways
11.Orleans Express (Quebec,Canada)
12.The Intercar group (Quebec)
13.SMT/Acadian
14.Trentway-Wagar (Coach Canada
15.Saskatchewan Transportation Company (good about sending TTs)
16.Greyhound Canada
17.Voyageur
18.Burlington Trailways
19.Fullington Trailways
20.Capitol Trailways
21.Cyr Bus Lines

There may be others. If there are, I would appreciate knowing about them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reply may not fit your question, but RIPTA prints timetables for their routes. I used it last month when my wife and I stayed in Providence, RI and took RIPTA Route #60 to Newport and back. Thanks to Mr. RIPTA for supplying the schedule to me.
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case some fans are unaware of this development: About two months ago, I stopped by the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and inquired for a Bonanza timetable to Providence. The agent spent a minute at his computer terminal and issued me a timetable on a card that seemed to be ticket stock.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Printed Timetables Reply with quote

I wonder if this is going to mean the beginning of the end for the timetable collecting hobby. There is much history to be found in original issue, printed timetables, history that a computer generated card can never quite duplicate. Doesn't the PABT have timetable racks anymore? The few times I had been there, I had raided the racks on occasion. One way to start a collection may be gone.
N4 Jamaica wrote:
In case some fans are unaware of this development: About two months ago, I stopped by the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and inquired for a Bonanza timetable to Providence. The agent spent a minute at his computer terminal and issued me a timetable on a card that seemed to be ticket stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza has been printing schedules like that for more than ten years, but they have also had small business card-sized printed timetables also. I'll try to swing by the main terminal and see if the cards are still available.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Carriers still issuing Timetables Reply with quote

Thanks. Sure appreciate that. Isn't Bonanza now part of Peter Pan, which also swallowed up Arrow Line and a couple others?
ripta42 wrote:
Bonanza has been printing schedules like that for more than ten years, but they have also had small business card-sized printed timetables also. I'll try to swing by the main terminal and see if the cards are still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: