BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions concerning Grand Ave Depot & CMF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NovaBus5121

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Questions concerning Grand Ave Depot & CMF Reply with quote

I have a few questions concerning the new depot and CMF for anybody who might know. Are buses directly from Grand Ave Depot such as the 93-94' TMC, the 97' RTS and the 05' HEV maintained (ex:pits and workstations) on the first floor? Or are they maintained on the second floor, on the CMF with 27-29 workstations. I ask because in the beginning months of the depot, Grand Ave's buses were at times weren't in the best of shape. I would think that as the CMF, it would be maintained better in the beginning. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. B.,

The following may help to answer a few of your questions concerning GAD and CMF in Maspeth, Queens.

The three-story facility includes fueling, cleaning and storage facilities for 200 buses on the first floor, an advanced 27-bus maintenance facility on the second floor and offices for NYCT's Department of Buses on the third floor.

It would seem to me that only normal day to day maintenance procedures are performed at ground level with heavier repairs done upstairs.

Attached is an interesting artists conception of the facility.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

NovaBus5121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Cool.
Q65A

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to tour the Grand Ave. CMF back in April 2008 (the NYTM had sponsored the event).
On the ground floor, fueling, farebox "vacuuming", washing, and routine service is performed on the buses assigned to GA Depot. There is a section for battery reconditioning for the Orion VII HEV's assigned to this facility. There also is a chassis wash bay on the first floor.
On the second floor, CMF operations are conducted, including engine and transmission rebuilding, tire and wheel service, repainting, etc. When I was there, some NF D60HF's were being repainted.
NovaBus5121

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. All my questions have been answered. Thanks to all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: