BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book on Historical Rochester Buses and Trolleys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Upstate New York Surface Transit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Book on Historical Rochester Buses and Trolleys Reply with quote

A book on Historical Rochester,NY Buses and Trolleys is a project that I would be very interested in taking on since I was born there, have ridden buses there on occasion, including the "fishbowls' when they were still in service." The question is where do I go to access the materials I need to put it together?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
asdfasdf

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending how deep you want to get into, a good place to start is the New York State Archives in Albany. They have the PSC reports for bus companies from the 1920s to 1980. The PSC reports contain rosters, roster descriptions and why they spent 27 cents on something long gone.

Bob K
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Historical Rochester Buses and Trolleys Reply with quote

I wish I had the funds to go to Albany, otherwise I would. Another possibility I am considering is getting a hold of a book or two by the late William Reed Gordon, a good friend of mine, who was once a motorman on a trolley serving Rochester.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Upstate New York Surface Transit All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: