BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed (1994)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newkirk Plaza David

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Speed (1994) Reply with quote

As many of you know me, I am a movie buff, and mixed with buses, I feel one movie should be at the top of every busfan's list.

SPEED.

One of the best and most original suspense movies. Dennis Hopper plants a bomb aboard a LA Metro fishbowl that will detonate if the speedometer drops below 50 MPH. Sandra Bullock drives the bus while Kenau Reeves tries to stop the madness.
The Port of Authority

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bus was actually a fictional "Santa Monica Intercity Bus Lines" fishbowl operating on the nonexistent "Route 33 - Downtown via Freeway."

Excellent movie, I agree.
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I saw it for the first time months ago, I loved how the Fishbowl was doing all sorts of things, like when it jumped the bridge. And that dialogue between Jack Traven and Howard Payne, which was really sinister and sarcastic at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like when the passengers had to move to one side of the bus cause it was gunna tip over
BigLarry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Speed Reply with quote

That movie lost it for me when the Fishbowl jumped the bridge. Like I'm gonna believe a Fishbowl can "soar" and jump a 30 foot gap. A Fishbowl is many things, but a glider, it ain't. In real life that bus would have dropped like a concrete dog turd.
BigLarry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Speed: bus jump Reply with quote

Well I'll be darned! According to this video, it IS possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tEAMLOupKs&feature=related
MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Speed Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I worked very hard on this movie and have alot of pictures and info. I dont know how to post pictures here but I will send some to whoever wants to post them.

On a HUGE side note. Be sure to watch MYTHBUSTERS on April 8th as you will see a few myths about the movie tested. I am not able to divuldge much more info than that but I can guarantee you that a T6H 5307-A original to Port Authority of NY and NJ and later to me and repainted as NYCTA 5285 will be almost destroyed.

I worked on the Mythbusters show with 5285 for almost a month. All filming was done at the Alameda Naval Base in Oakland area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: