BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Oh S*** Moment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: An Oh S*** Moment Reply with quote

Saw this on E-bay last night. Read the verbiage to and look at one picture to see why this post is titled this way.

I am not the seller, know the seller and hope he/she is not a member of this group.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300296154491
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A $150 minimum bid for a model bus that hit the floor? Yikes - I can only imagine how much they would have asked for if it was mint.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear RB:

Several years ago someone put up a Bob Garret custom model of a Liberty Lines MCI-Classic. It was smaller than this model. Probably about 18 inches in length. That went for, if memory serves me, about $700. No telling what this would have been.

Now for $ 170 ( 150 + 320 s/h) you get damaged goods. Go find someone who can fix it for you. I can only think of two people that might have the skill, if they want to take on the job. $170 + shipping + their fee + shipping back will be prohibitive.

Hart Bus
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Final Comment Reply with quote

Just saw that the bidding ended on the item. One fellow bid $176.00 and was outbid by someone who was willing to go to $178.50 or higher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> The Bus Modeler All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: