BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATE TO TODAYS SO CAL FLX METRO FAN TRIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: UPDATE TO TODAYS SO CAL FLX METRO FAN TRIP Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I went to the yard last night to pick up a bus for today's fan trip. My first choice was bus 364 (TDH 4517 ex Seattle Metro 475) I thought this would be a great surprise for everyone. I would get to take out a bus that is fun, easy to drive and has some personality along with speed and a nice ride. Second choice was 2106, third choice was 2397 and last choice was 2947. Its been raining a lot here. When I arrived at the yard and started 364, I drove it forward about 3 feet and it sank right into the mud. I tried for 2106 and the same thing happened. I got pissed off and just took 2847 soooooooo the bus for today is 2847 repainted as "Baltimore Transit 9251"

Today's stops will include:

11:00 AM Extended Stay at Katella and the 5 freeway.
11:30 AM Fullerton Park and Ride
12:00 PM Transit Systems Watts Yard
1:30 PM All City Lines Montebello Yard
2:45 PM Griffith Observatory/Hollywood Bowl
3:30 PM Start driving towards Whittier again for a dinner stop at Chris and Pitts.

After dinner the bus will go back to the Watts yard if there is anyone that needs to go there, then to Fullerton Park and Ride and then to the Extended Stay on Katella. There is a chance that Danny may be bringing a bus from Hollywood Bowl to the Watts yard so people can ride that back to the Watts yard if they like.

There will be plenty of photo stops along the way to include our rail fan friends and other points of interest.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Hope to see a lot of people on this trip but with 3 days advanced warning it is difficult for some to change plans. It will be fun anyway.

www.rts-regionaltransitservice.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: