BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somebody Decided to Rant on You Tube about LIB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Somebody Decided to Rant on You Tube about LIB Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIO0FdRSuPQ
"who seem to think I am a worthless piece of garbage because they don't return my phone calls"
I wonder who this joker is?
MarkW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us how you really feel....
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark :

I send the video to another poster on this board and we think we know the identity of this person. It is probably the same person that constantly bitches and moans about all the bad things that happen while he rides buses and trains on the public dole. He has never worked for or ever driven a bus but thinks he knows it all.

Let's see iif the poster I'm referring to will either admit or deny that it was him on that video.

Alan
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was me, so what? I have just as much of a right to an opinion as anyone else, despite what you think you know about me.
LI Bus is in bad shape and it needs to be brought to attention. The sooner LI Bus is absorbed into MTA Bus the better, we already have NYC style signs on our buses, now we need to complete the renumbering, lose the orange stripe, and get some more buses.
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Somebody Decided to Rant on You Tube about LIB Reply with quote

LLE Rebel wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIO0FdRSuPQ
"who seem to think I am a worthless piece of garbage because they don't return my phone calls"
I wonder who this joker is?

It shows how little representatives care about mass transit in NY state. They'd rather force the MTA to take desperate measures than put tolls on all the bridges. They love car drivers and hate us. Sad
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John:

Your constant complaining makes you seem like the boy who cried "wolf". The complaints are so numerous and laced with much vitriol, that its a turnoff to many people.

Did you expect people to wast 9 minutes of their lives listening to what is basically a rehash of your prior posts on many boards?

You'd have more attention and consideration if you followied the KISS system. Keep It Simple Stupid.

One video should have shown the problem and another one show your views on how to solve the problems and how to finance those fixes.

Hart Bus
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, I saw your view ... you have put on a little weight sine the last time I saw you.

In management if your memo is more then one page it won't be read.
Regarding the video ... a little long in the tooth Sad
I for one wasn't willing to watch the whole thing.
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try riding LI bus everyday, there is certainly alot to complain about. It's not that I'm ignoring improvements, such as the new signs and new mall routing, but there still much work to be done with getting LI Bus up to par with MTA Bus operations in the 5 boroughs. I'm sick of the breakdowns and buses that aren't running properly. It seems rare to find a bus without some sort of defect, despite the fact in NYC and at other companies (Suffolk Transit) most of the buses run flawlessly. And I know several drivers too here, and they complain all the time too. It's easy to criticize someone when you aren't experiencing and seeing what they are seeing.
And BTW I also have some grey hairs too. Razz
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John makes some really good points, and judging from the comments on YouTube, plenty of people agree. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Mr RT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things may just be a changing as the new "AGM" in charge of Levy depot is from Transit.
I wouldn't be surprised that he was picked because of that Transit experience ... which he got in Manhattan. BTW, he lives in Suffolk.

P.S. no more President for LI Bus ... two AGMs, one at RVC & one at Levy, just like Transit !
RailBus63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand John's frustration, but ranting on YouTube and enthusiast bulletin boards is not the way to bring about needed change. He should seek out a group like the Straphangers and see if they are willing to set up a Long Island Bus chapter, for example. They do a pretty good job of getting the attention of the media and bringing publicity to transit issues. They might also be able to put him in contact with other groups who would have an interest in seeing mass transit improvements in Nassau county and could help bring pressure to bear on the MTA.
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
I understand John's frustration, but ranting on YouTube and enthusiast bulletin boards is not the way to bring about needed change. He should seek out a group like the Straphangers and see if they are willing to set up a Long Island Bus chapter, for example. They do a pretty good job of getting the attention of the media and bringing publicity to transit issues. They might also be able to put him in contact with other groups who would have an interest in seeing mass transit improvements in Nassau county and could help bring pressure to bear on the MTA.

I have been in contact with Straphangers, plenty, they just seem to be too focused on NYC and dont want to get involved here. I post in their Rider Diaries and write them, they dont seem to be interested. I have also written and called plenty of state and county legislators, who for the most part, dont seem to want to get involved either.
I think the most successful thing I did was handing out flyers to LIB riders at various locations across Nassau with the numbers of state and county elected officials.
I know most of the reps around here represent richer car drivers, which is why they are against the Ravitch Plan as well as the Fair Share Tax (raise taxes for ppl over 250K taxable). I'm not going to be quiet about having $3.50 fares for lousy bus service because some SOB in a Hummer making 500k a year dont want to pay higher taxes or tolls. Rolling Eyes
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mention the guy in the Hummer to me because he's the one that drives his 7000 lb. monster in for gas and guzzles up three times the amount that everyone else needs to go the same distance and, in doing so, creates a false demand that raises the price of a gallon for all of us.

I don't think that's fair!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well whoever the last AGM was did a phenomenal job at LI Bus.
I don't see MTA NYCT Bus with any signficant technology improvements at all, regardless of the surge of money and support they get.
The engineering and technology is absolutely amazing at LIB and far surpasses that used at MTA Bus and NYCT Bus.
RT - let's just hope this new guy you're telling us about can fill his shoes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: