BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'CULVER CITY CAPTURED'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: 'CULVER CITY CAPTURED' Reply with quote

I'm not kidding when I say 'captured'; I had to follow this bus to its turn-around up in the back of UCLA's main drag.

My problem is that these buses move so fast that I can't get a good bead on them!

Shown on CCB route #6 line, it comes north on Sepulveda Boulevard (obviously from Aviation/Imperial), makes a right onto Wilshire and then a left to Westwood Boulevard all the way to the dead end in mid campus.

Like Santa Monica's Big Blue Buses, Culver has always kept their equipment in A-One shape.

As can be seen on the side destination sign in photo # 3, the company does refer to itself as the 'Green Line'!

Culver City Bus also celebrated its 80th. birthday in 2008.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCA: I guess the poster who warned you that taking pictures with a new camera can become addicting was right Very Happy

ECA
Cyberider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos of some clean, but ugly, buses Mr. Linsky! When I lived there, I seem to remember some nice green and stainless fishbowls. Neither Culver City's nor Santa Monica's were as clean on the outside in those days but they were nice buses.

I got a digital camera for Christmas and guess I need to get out there and take some photos of our ugly buses and new light rail. You are going to be a tough act to follow, Mr. L!

Dave
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

How can I be a tough act to follow when I don't even know what I'm doing!?

Oh sure, the pictures look great but if I were asked how I transfer them from the camera to the computer, I wouldn't know what to tell them!

These cameras are virtually full blown computers themselves, and come with instruction books a half inch thick (most of which is Greek to me).

Luckily, my camera has a setting for 'Dummies' so I get by!

Hope you have a better understanding with yours.

Mr. 'L'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: