BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'MR. 'L' BEHIND THE CAMERA'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: 'MR. 'L' BEHIND THE CAMERA' Reply with quote

Mr. 'L' finally bought a decent 'modern' camera and here are some of the first experimental results.

All photos (except Daisy my Cat) were taken in the vicinity of the West Hollywood LACMTA #7 Depot.

BTW, Saturday seems to be a big Neoplan day in L.A.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Last edited by Mr. Linsky on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:39 am; edited 3 times in total
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Mr. L, my favorite is the one of the MCI.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanks,

The 4500 is one of two that regularly shuttle commuters from Palmdale and Lancaster to West Los Angeles and they belong to Antelope Valley Transit Authority.

I'm afraid that I hadn't reached the page in the instruction book on 'zoom' yet when I took this picture - there will be better ones coming soon.

These MCI's are so majestic that they give me a chill when they start out from the curb just as the New York City Bus 4500's do in Manhattan.

If I ever drove a bus again, that's the wheel I'd like to be behind!

Attached is a photo of the new 'J' model which I hope doesn't mean the end of the DD because I don't much care for the new lines (it's one of those cases where "if it aint broke - don't fix it!").

Photo courtesy of A. Wong.

Bill D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: 'MR. 'L' BEHIND THE CAMERA' Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
Mr. 'L' finally bought a decent 'modern' camera and here are some of the first experimental results.

All photos (except Daisy my Cat) were taken in the vicinity of the West Hollywood LACMTA #7 Depot.

BTW, Saturday seems to be a big Neoplan day in L.A.

Mr. Linsky,

Nice pictures. But be forewarned, this could become habit forming! Good luck with the new camera. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Bill
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Linsky -

Yeah, I must agree with your observation. What's not to like about the magnificent new "liners" built precisely to the requirements of the
somewhat quirky US audience. Coaches built to take every advantage of the now five decades old Interstate System...

These days, we could have bigger, better Scenicruisers, too. Ah! I'll take two or three. Paint 'em orange and black, and letter 'em Pickwick <G>...

.................Vern...............
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the pictures because they remind me of the good times I had while having to go to LA to check up on my aunt between Dec 03 and Apr 05. Also enjoyable to look at sunny pictures during a cold NY winter day.

I see that all buses parked at a curb must turn their wheel inward toward the curb. No such requirement here in NY

My favorite picture is the MCI parked outsiide the Rite-Aid store. The livery is similar to that of Alert Coach of Bohemia NY and also we now know that Mr. Linsky drives a sliver car if we look in his side view mirror Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: