BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCT has Gillig Low Floors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: SCT has Gillig Low Floors Reply with quote

there are five of them at EBT. they are numbered 8001-8005, they make the paint scheme look crappy (or so i think), they are also Hybrid/Eletric. they are surpose to be running on the S1 soon (or so i hear). they also have the bike racks on them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont know how happy i am right now to hear this news. I hope nobody will be around me when i see it in person, cause i will literaly soil myself from being estatic! Laughing Very Happy Shocked They should replace the older Phantoms and the older Orions with some of those.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow down Don, there are only five, and i can't pin point if these are the four Hybrid/eletric or part of the 55 Bio-Desiels. i'm leaning towards the 55 bio's since what the county said about them match what the Gillig website said about their newer buses.

they more or likely replace the 96xx and 97xx Gilligs since they are over 12 years old. the 99xx orions aren't even ten years old yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a bit happy about this is all Smile. I been wondering what is up with those "crystalized" looking windows on most of the SCT buses? I can heardly see out the window because of that, it's soo annoying!
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Don of All Buses wrote:
I'm just a bit happy about this is all Smile. I been wondering what is up with those "crystalized" looking windows on most of the SCT buses? I can heardly see out the window because of that, it's soo annoying!

what do u maean by "crystalized"?, if it means what i think it means, its prob cuz the buses are left outside and aren't warmed up enough by the time they start the runs.

yeah i've noticed, but sadly you would have to go on the S1 when u see them since there are only 5 and they are at EBT.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
slow down Don, there are only five, and i can't pin point if these are the four Hybrid/eletric or part of the 55 Bio-Desiels. i'm leaning towards the 55 bio's since what the county said about them match what the Gillig website said about their newer buses.

8001-8004 are Hybrid Electric. These are the only new buses seen at EBT.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:

8001-8004 are Hybrid Electric. These are the only new buses seen at EBT.

thats what i thought that they had 4 since thats how many the county said they were going to order, but someone else told me they saw 5 and its reported somewhere else that they have 8001-8005. though they guy who reported they had 5 took pics that only show four. so i reported that they had five because thats what i heard.

though i don't know what has become of that order of 55 bio-desiel buses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: