BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Day Solo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: 2nd Day Solo Reply with quote

Sign on at 500pm

615pm. I was given a Relay assignment on Route 38 ( La Palma Ave ). I was also assigned bus # 5013 ( 1990 NFI D40HF ). I was pretripping the bus and discovered there was no defect card. I had to take it over to maintenance and for them to service and vault the unit quickly.

641pm. Leave Yard

705pm. Start the relay at La Palma & State College going westbound to Lakewood.

753pm. Get to Lakewood.

822pm. Arrived back at the yard .... and wait for more work.

915pm. Another relay came up on Route 26 ( Fullerton to Yorba Linda ). This route is not based out of my bus yard...so I got a route map, and go to my assigned bus #5014 ( 1990 NFI D40HF ). A service attenant was about to service this bus, so he told me to take another bus. I called window and they told me to take LNG NABI # 2154 ... ON THE OTHER END OF THE YARD.

938pm. Leave the yard .... and DHD over to Fullerton PR. Im a few minutes away, and radio tells me that the operator caught up on her time. The relay was cancelled.

1010pm. Back to the yard I go

1142pm. There was some kind of an ammonia leak at a factory last night near La Palma & Olive Street...and they needed a bus to evacuate residents to a Community Center. I was told to take # 5412 ( 1998 NFI D40LF ). After I pre-tripped the bus, I hauled ass over to the location.

When I get there, I was met by 2 road supervisors, 2 newscameras, a lot of residents, and the fire department. I made 3 roundtrips on that shuttle. Once the evacuation was cleared, I took people back to their homes. Everything worked out smoothly.

If you live in the LA Area, you might see this on TV. If you see a NewFlyer low floor with "OCTA ORANGE COUNTY TRANSP AUTHORITY" on the sign, that was yours trurly driving.

205am. Returned to the yard. Dispatch, window, and radio thanked me for a job well done... being my second day on the job Smile ... signed off, went home

heres the news article about the ammonia leak....
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1683908.php
Cyberider

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pretty unusual shift but you handled it well. Congratulations! Mr. Green
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

it was nothing to it... just doing what i was trained to do Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: