BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus photos from October 8th - 16th 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Bus photos from October 8th - 16th 2008 Reply with quote

Here are some photos that I took over the past few days.

MTA New York City Bus:

MTA Bus:

Private Transportation:

Cyberider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing all of the great photos of the buses of New York! Mr. Green
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nybf,

Great pictures (as usual)!

I like where they located the front license plate on the new electric hybrids - more easily seen and less subject to annihilation!

Are the electrics demos or part of an order?

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the photos. the new Hybrids are part of and 850 bus order.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to know a bit more about the new MTA Bus Hybrids and came up with the information below.

What impressed me most is the fact that New York is now eons ahead of every other major city in the world with ecologically friendly transit equipment and am I proud of that fact (even though I live in Los Angeles most of the time, all I have to say is; L.A., eat your heart out!).

The 850 new buses that have been ordered, are part of a generation known as Orion VII, and have “a traffic-stopping, modern design aimed at appealing to bus customers” — not to mention hybrid-electric technology that uses much less fuel and emits fewer tailpipe gases than conventional vehicles.

"These buses represent a huge step forward for the city” said Joseph Smith, senior vice president for buses for New York City Transit, the arm of the authority that runs the city’s buses and subways.

125 units will be assigned to Staten Island, replacing buses built in the early 1990's with all 850 buses scheduled to be delivered by 2010.

When completed, the 850-bus order will bring the authority’s diesel-electric hybrid bus fleet to nearly 1,700 buses, the largest diesel-electric hybrid fleet in the world.

Photo courtesy of New York Times.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder where Private Transportation got those buses from. Is one from PACE and where was the all blue one from....501 looks like an advertisement was ripped off the back of the bus prior to sale.
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
I wonder where Private Transportation got those buses from. Is one from PACE and where was the all blue one from....501 looks like an advertisement was ripped off the back of the bus prior to sale.

505 as well as 201-203, 205-206 and 506-507 were originally operated by Madison Metro. 501 was originally a LYNX bus and is the newest addition to the fleet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: