BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greyhound orders 140 additional Prevost motorcoaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Greyhound orders 140 additional Prevost motorcoaches Reply with quote

http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?page=media&newsid=1222260146

Greyhound orders 140 additional Prevost motorcoaches

Sainte-Claire, Quebec, September 24th — Greyhound has ordered 140 X3-45 motorcoaches from Prevost. The new vehicles, which are to be used on various intercity lines, will be delivered from February to July of 2009.

The order follows Greyhound’s first transaction with Prevost in spring of 2008. At that time, Greyhound ordered 33 X3-45 vehicles for its newly launched BoltBus operation, providing service between New York and Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC, and another 17 X3-45s for its line-haul fleet.

Announcement of the substantial transaction with North America’s largest provider of intercity bus transportation was greeted with delight at Quebec-based Prevost. Gaétan Bolduc, President and CEO for Prevost said, “I am delighted to see that Greyhound has decided to join the long list of repeat Prevost customers. High level of customer satisfaction drives everything we do and this order reflects our efforts to make Greyhound a satisfied Prevost customer. We are pleased that Greyhound has come to trust both our product and our customer service, and we look forward to continuing to develop solutions that support the needs of the company. ”

David Leach, President and Chief Executive Officer of Greyhound Lines, Inc., said that the choice of Prevost vehicles ties directly into Greyhound’s mission to offer “A new and improved image of safe, reliable and enjoyable travel to nearly 25 million passengers each year,” adding that “Prevost and the X3-45 are a company and a vehicle that we can count on to help us achieve that goal.”

About Greyhound
Greyhound is the largest North American provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 2,300 destinations with nearly 13,000 daily departures across the continent. The company also provides Greyhound PackageXpress (GPX), as well as charters and shore services. For fare and schedule information visit the Web site at www.greyhound.com.

About Prevost
Prevost is a leading manufacturer of premium intercity touring coaches and the world leader in the production of bus shells for high-end motorhome and specialty conversion. Owned by Volvo Bus Corporation, it has access to the financial strength, research capability, and manufacturing expertise of the group. Volvo Bus Corporation is part of the Volvo Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of heavy-duty diesel engines. Prevost has its main manufacturing facilities in Sainte-Claire, Quebec, Canada and has six Parts and Service Centers located in Canada and the United States. www.prevostcar.com
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Greyhound Prevost Order to Be Followed Up Reply with quote

In a subsequent article, I read that this order by Greyhound for 140 Prevost X3-45 coaches is to be followed up by an order for 500 more of these coaches, which would make the Greyhound Lines fleet a 50/50 mix of Prevost and MCI coaches. I take that to mean that the quality of some of the MCI models that Greyhound has in its fleet leaves something to be desired, particularly the G4500s which are said to be nothing but pieces of junk. The 102DL3 is okay. All my recent trips on Greyhound have been on this model bus. Those MCIs that kept catching fire on Greyhound runs haven't done either company any good. On some other lists, there have been suggestions that MCI bring back a wider version of both the MC9 and MC12 and other of their better built models. These so called plastic buses may look nice, but some of them are potentially life threatening fire hazards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ, or nyc..

Have you heard any news of Motor Coach Industries being in serious trouble? I heard some rumors going around at work some weeks back, but I don't give much credit to rumors, so I thought I'd check back here to confirm anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: