BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting E-Mail Re; Empire Trailways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Interesting E-Mail Re; Empire Trailways Reply with quote

I got this interesting e-mail in reference to Empire Trailways and the son of Mrs. Chris Park, the company's final president and owner denied that she was clueless about how to run a bus company, let alone a travel agency, this despite what friends of mine, who were insiders in a position to know said on the subject. What has been established via a back issue of Motor Coach Today I bought from Motor Coach Society sometime ago, was that everytime Empire got into a cash bind, they sold off a bus or two, which was fairly often. Mr. Park evidently got wind of it from someone who bought Volume 1 of my New York State Bus Lines Book, and Empire Trailways happens to be one of the companies covered. In the piece on that company, I said, to the effect, " Empire T railways has been FRENCH FRIED" By Mrs. Park. Five of Empire's remaining buses, all of them MC9s wound up at New York Trailways and all had Spicer 5 speed transmissions. The plot sure thickens, doesn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We as bus enthusiasts should be careful about repeating opinions like this that we hear from others. In many cases, the person who accuses a company or its managers have an axe to grind.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Empire Trailways E-mail Reply with quote

I usually am careful about this sort of thing, but you have a good point. I did talk with one or more insiders who was or were in a position to know and will revise the text accordingly if necessary. Slander is the last thing I want to do under ANY circumstances. Actually, all I did was work with the f acts and information available to me at the time I first began putting this set of books together. They are available either as a 3 volume set or individually.
RailBus63 wrote:
We as bus enthusiasts should be careful about repeating opinions like this that we hear from others. In many cases, the person who accuses a company or its managers have an axe to grind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:

Where do I start?

Every bus fan should spend one week being a fly on the wall at the average bus company. It will change their perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: