BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Day solo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCTA3053

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: First Day solo Reply with quote

Sunday was my first day solo as an OCTA Operator

Todays sign-on time was 313am

A run came up around 400am. WorkRun 60842. The assigned bus was # 2241 ( 2001 NABI 040.09 LFW ) Route 60...is the line done today...most operators hate the 60 line west of Cal State Long Beach ... as the lanes get really narrow for buses. Thats not difficult for me to master. Just put the broken line in your left hand (while holding the steering wheel ), and youll find that you will clear those parked cars on the right.

Anywho I went out to pretrip my bus....the full walkaround ( Interior and exterior), and the airbrake test.

Log on to the radio, enter in the route number, and leave the yard at 424am

I deadhead to Downtown Long Beach..arrived there at 456am. Took some time to set up my headsign for the eastbound trip "60 LARWIN SQUARE" with the "GO DUCKS" P/R..... despite the fact that they didnt make it through the playoffs... its cool

504-Depart Long Beach Transit Mall. Eastbound trip was relatively light. It picked up a little bit between Westminster/Goldenwest and 17th St/Tustin. Arrived at Larwin Square at 625am....3 minutes behind, but still enough time to go take a walk.

631am-Began my westbound trip back to Downtown Long Beach. Was doing fine until 17th & Tustin. One passenger boarded the bus...took like what seemeed forever to get situated. A few stops later, a homeless lady got on with her 2 bags, bike on the bikerack, and gallon water on the bus. So far im about 7 minutes down but did not let that worry me. I gained all my time back between Westminster/Bolsa Chica Rd and Long Beach Transit Mall. Got to Downtown LB Transit Mall at about 804am... before i pull into the bus shelter, I changed my sign to "NOT IN SERVICE" . Run in, use the restroom near Shelter B... came back, pull my bus into the layover a couple blocks down the street.

821am-Leave LB Transit Mall. It gets a little busy on Westminster Av...a few closed lanes along Westminster Ave and a out-of-sync light at Beach Blvd caused for some delays. Arrived at Larwin Square 1004am

1028am-Time for the westbound trip towards Long Beach Transit Mall. I got relieved at Cal State Long Beach at 1147am. Drove the relief car back to the yard.

1210PM-Signed off. Went home. Ate...slepted most of the day
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and best wishes!
Joe
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that your first day driving solo went well. Best of luck at OCTA.

Jim
Cyberider

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, Eddie! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: