BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCI restructures with Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: MCI restructures with Chapter 11 bankruptcy Reply with quote

Motor Coach files for bankruptcy protection

Quote:
Motor Coach Industries Inc. announced Monday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as part of a restructuring the company says will help shed hundreds of millions of dollars of debt.

The Schaumburg, Ill.-based company operates a bus plant in Pembina, N.D., that employs about 225 people. The company said in a statement that the restructuring will have "no impact to coach production or service."

Read the rest at the link above.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Lehman Brothers folds, then Merrill Lynch is raffled off and, to top it all, both Washington Mutual and AIG are at the precipice - and that's just this morning!

And you say; what else could go wrong? it's MCI declaring bankruptcy!

This is a real shock because, unless their customers just failed to make their payments, I can't imagine how they could have racked up 460 million in debt!

I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence!

I sure hope they recover because I'd hate to the last vestige of great bus building go down the drain! Crying or Very sad

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: