BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orion VII Next Generation HEV's In Service on SI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Orion VII Next Generation HEV's In Service on SI Reply with quote

I'm sure that some of the other NYC-area bus websites might have additional info on this subject, so this may be old news to some of you, and I apologize in advance.
My wife & I were at various locations on Staten Island yesterday.
I saw 3 or 4 brand new Orion VII Next Generation HEV's in service on the S40, S51 and the S78. I did manage to catch one bus number (3817 on the SB S51 on Midland Rd. near Hylan Blvd.)
In addition to a sleek new appearance, the Orion VII NG HEV also has 2 rooftop-mounted structures: the large forward-mounted dual traction battery tubs, and a smaller structure mounted at the rear rooftop (housing the power control box).
That "lightning-bolt" rear grille is a bit unusual in my opinion, but in time we'll all become accustomed to it (as a rumored 850 NYCT units are on order with DCCBNA).
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 850-bus order for New York City is a fact -

DBNA Press Release from 12/17/2007:

New York City and Ottawa Place Orders for 1,052 Orion VII Next Generation Diesel-Electric Hybrid Transit Buses

Quote:
• MTA New York City Transit and the MTA Bus Company will take delivery of 850 Orion VII Next Generation diesel-electric hybrid transit buses by early 2010. This order will bring the MTA’s diesel-electric hybrid bus fleet to almost 1,700 units, making it the largest diesel-electric hybrid fleet in the world. With this order, Orion brand transit buses will account for almost 50-percent of MTA New York City Transit’s entire fleet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: