BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remaining GMCs at MTA Bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Remaining GMCs at MTA Bus Reply with quote

How many GMCs remain in service at MTA Bus? I spottted 1162 last thursday running on the Q21 with a spring creek rollsign.
Bjc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Remaining GMCs at MTA Bus Reply with quote

LLE Rebel wrote:
How many GMCs remain in service at MTA Bus? I spottted 1162 last thursday running on the Q21 with a spring creek rollsign.

Wait.........1162 is at FAR?that some strange news....anyway,last I I've heard there were about less than 10 GMC at FAR,but I remeber last month there were about 21 and then some people are saying there's six GMC at FAR....so I wonder how the number decress so fast...but again some TMC from JEK were coming in and I don't know which buses replace thoses TMC's AT JFK.
T J Trainman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1162 is at Far Rock? Let me guess 1180 is there with it? Both of those were at SCK until about 2 weeks ago........I give up.
Bjc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1180 should be there...
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: An Awful Waste of Time & Money! Reply with quote

Ever since I first joined the forums back in September there is one thing that I can't help noticing, and I have commented on it before.

Now I'm sure there are a million legitimate and logical answers to this question but I'm going to ask it anyway because I really don't know the answer!;

What is this 'musical buses' business all about? - why does the MTA keep moving buses from one garage (excuse me, I meant depot) to another?, and how much is this costing in both time and money?

Will there ever come a day when they 'settle in' with new equipment specifically allocated to a particular depot for their entire service lives?

It seems to me that the record keeping alone must be voluminous (that's a good word!) although I'm sure that most of it done by computer today, and the mechanics must go out of their minds with the whole thing!

In my time (and I know you've heard that one from me before) when a Green Line bus was transferred from Jamaica to Rockaway (or vice versa) a three inch thick dossier containing the entire history of the bus was hand delivered along with it!

Maybe someone could enlighten me!

Mr. Linsky

"The Green Hornet" Green Bus Lines, Jamaica, New York (LA 7 2400)
T J Trainman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they take care of 1180 thats a damn good bus. Mr Linsky the bus moves will contiune for a quite a long time. This is something the MTA likes to do.
Mr RT

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many RTS at MTA Bus Co ... 310 ...
How many mfg 85 & 86 ... seven
Bee Flexible #823

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's less than that now. I have 4 left.
Bill From Maspeth

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1162 is still alive. Saw it yesterday afternoon on Supthin Blvd.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: An Awful Waste of Time & Money! Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
Ever since I first joined the forums back in September there is one thing that I can't help noticing, and I have commented on it before.

Now I'm sure there are a million legitimate and logical answers to this question but I'm going to ask it anyway because I really don't know the answer!;

What is this 'musical buses' business all about? - why does the MTA keep moving buses from one garage (excuse me, I meant depot) to another?, and how much is this costing in both time and money?

This comment to your question is purely speculation on my part. I think I read on one of the old boards that the MTA wants to keep the average age of the depot fleets around the same age so that replacements will be not have to be done all at once.

They may also be trying to stretch the life of a bus by taking it off a very heavily used line and switch it to a lighter use line to extend its life. Its akin to not having a bus do all its service on the Q-60 and deteriorating faster than a bus on a slower and less traveled line, so that the replacement of both buses can be lengthened.

Only a guess on my part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: